2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,394 Posts
Touchy subject with thousands of opinions. Your car, your choice. Myself I use BP ultimate in my diesel, yes it costs 10p litre more but I don't smoke or gamble on lasagne running and jumping hurdles. My penny's = my choice where I spend it. I don't go for performance but I do hope that it will have a long term health benefit for my engine and components. I'd rather stay away from mechanics and their bills if at all possible. With your motor you may get a performance improvement but whether you'd notice it would depend on how you drive it. Some say petrol is petrol so it doesn't matter. But would you drink rats milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
use whatever you want everyone will say whatever they use is the best and they will swear by it, i use tesco momentum but some people dont like it as its a supermarket fuel.

better mpg, a smoother engine and other supposed benefits are a placebo as far as im concerned on a un mapped car.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I run Tesco 99 as mine was mapped to it and no chance I'm paying Shell 20p+ more a litre.

Only downside I found is that it stinks coming out the exhaust (possibly due to ethanol)? Whereas Shell 99 smells "normal".

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Both Shell V-Power Nitro Plus and Tesco Momentum are 99 Octane. I have run my car on both, and never noticed a difference between the two. When I've been caught short I've also filled up with BP Ultimate (97 Octane), again noticed no difference.

I think any premium fuel will be fine, the FN2 doesn't seem to be particularly fussy on fuel.

·
Banned
230 Posts
With petrols you do get various performances from different fuels although i dont know which ones are best.I tend to not have petrols long enough to test it.
I guess what you have to work out is are you actually going to use the difference if you got a 2 bhp hit? Track yes,most folk i doubt it.
However diesel is all to the same EN590 standard and it doesnt matter what it is,red or the dearest will perform the same.

We used to put Tigers in our tanks but it still made not a blind bit of difference :)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I get Tesco 99, mainly because of the clubcard points and its fairly close to my house. I've no idea if getting 99 is any better for the car but I just always have done.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Whichever petrol station im closest to and normally 95 unleaded the difference between the fuel isn't worth the cost for me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Shell v power nitro plus for me in my Type R. Runs like a dream.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have done some test on the dyno, best performance with:

1° - Sheel VPower or Q8 Hi Perform 100 (it's the VPower sold by Q8 in Itally)
2° - Agip Blu Super Plus 100RON
3° - Tamoil WR100
... - All 98RON gasoline

The difference in power output showed by the Dyno is in the about 3% area from VPower to Agip, and more of 5% from VPower to 98RON - on a perfect calibrated engine with 240HP base.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I have to add that putting in shell nito plus 99 octane fuel does make the engine run better and adds fuel accompany
Im geting around an extra 2 miles to the gallon more.
The only down side where i live there are no pumps and they are getting harder to find.
Lucky i have one near my work.

jools

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
I'd choose petrol with the lowest ethanol content, rather than highest octane. Octane rating is not the same as energy content...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts