2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wondering if anyone knows any cheap insurance companies for my type r. Mine has rocketed through the roof and I've had no accidents it's a piss take.
So would be grateful for some advice.

馃槉

"Grandad eye"

Helpee
Pretty pointless question as it all depends on your personal situation. Just do the comparison websites and phone around, boring I know but a couple hours work could save you hundreds.

Premium Member
Just getting mine Tuesday but I phoned admiral and asked them for a quote.. They were a few pounds about sainsburys but I talked by nicely to the lady who was kind enough to drop it another 60-70 quid.. Can't beat their service and as I'm only 21 with a type R coming insurance is kinda normal and not eye watering

Registered
Insurance companies are *******s.

Whoever you are with they will always put the price up by a sizable chunk the following year for no reason. Whats interesting is the same quote will always be cheaper for a new customer than existing, as its designed to get you onboard.

I tend to change my insurance company every year if they refuse to at least match what I would get as a new customer. The ones I normally flip between are Admiral, Tescos, Direct line, Adrian flux and elephant.

Premium Member
I've had the same experiences.. The Renewal quote for my crz was 250 higher than when I got it the first year, phoned them up and they reduced it straight away to beat all other competitors and lower this year.. Now I'm changing the car they were good enough to lower that price they quoted too.. Pretty happy with them atm

Registered
I got a quote from Greenlight, however reading further into it I read somewhere that the quote was based on me owning an equally powered car for 12 months, I had not and it was not much cheaper than Admiral.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts