2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a 2006 fk3 and looking for a renewal quote. I'm 19 with 1 years no claims and I've held my licence 2 years. I've been in contact with my current insurer direct line who are going to try and charge me more than I paid for my first year without any no claims! Best price I've had so far is £1530 from Aviva. Anyone here reccomend decent companies especially for younger drivers? Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Try First Central bud they have been good for me and insured me at a reasonable price at 19 and 20 with a FN2.

Used Admiral when I first got the FN2 at 18 and it was only £100 dearer than what you were quoted!

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
just gotta search around im affraid whos cheap for some are expensive for others
out of interest did you have the black box fitted for your first year

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try First Central bud they have been good for me and insured me at a reasonable price at 19 and 20 with a FN2.

Used Admiral when I first got the FN2 at 18 and it was only £100 dearer than what you were quoted!
Cheers mate, I'll have a look at them :) Lucky, Directline were unable to provide me with a quote over the internet on a FN2 :(

just gotta search around im affraid whos cheap for some are expensive for others
out of interest did you have the black box fitted for your first year
I didn't have a black box no, Wouldn't want one at all :p

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Blackbox has to be one of the worst things ever! Yes it helps bring insurance down but its so restrictive

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
1 fitted in my sons car and cant fault it
they are designed to stop young drivers getting real stupid boy racer driving habits
but all insurance companys are different
no rectrictions with my sons in the pack it states were not interested in the times of day you drive or millage covered and not too interested in speed although real high speeds will be noted
what they look at are hard braking and trafic light gp starts and trying to go round corners that fast your up on 2 wheels
which nobody can complain about i saved £600 on my sons insurance and if it makes him a safer driver then it was money well spent

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Try Hastings mate. I've only turned 18 recently and am look to renew in August. I've been quoted (albeit for a 1.6 EP2) about £980 with a blackbox or £1200 without a blackbox. Not bad when you compare it to the £1700 for my first year.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Blackbox has to be one of the worst things ever! Yes it helps bring insurance down but its so restrictive
I've got a blackbox installed on my car, it was the only way I was going to be able to get out on the road in my own car. To be honest it's not that bad. It's alright as long as you get one without restricted mileage or curfews.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
If it makes you feel any better I'm 22 with 3 years ncb and I couldn't get insurance for my fn2 any cheaper than 2150 a year

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aidan97

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Add your dad as a named driver, will bring it down a bit. Also Only Young Drivers and General Accident are good. Ring up, get a much better deal than using price comparison sites.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Add your dad as a named driver, will bring it down a bit. Also Only Young Drivers and General Accident are good. Ring up, get a much better deal than using price comparison sites.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
when i got my sons insurance i am a named driver with my 20 year old lad as main driver and it brought it down £80
:wink3:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah think I'm going to go with Aviva, added my dad on the insurance and it comes in at £1355 for the year. Not amazing but at least it's cheaper than what I'm paying which is what matters most :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts