2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Best insurer for modded cars

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Typersam1 
#1 ·
Hey all going to be renewing my insurance in around a month and want to be organised as to who I will be going with (after comparing quotes of course) , I will be supercharging her this year but hardly drive the car, kept in locked alarmed garage ...if anyone has any companies that they think would be suitable for a decent quote get at me ,cheers guys ??

#9 ·
Thanks for the great replies guys....I will hopefully get a good quote from one of them surely, will ring around when I get a minute and let you all know how I get on.

#14 ·
Hi Typersam1,

It's good to see you treating yourself to an upgrade.

I know for most conservative or mainstream Insurance providers, this can be seen as a bad thing. But we've been covering modified vehicles in all guises here at grenelight for 20 years now, most of our team own and drive (or have owned and driven) the types of vehicles we Insure too - which is helpful.

Meaning we understand the merit and impact for carrying out the respective modifications.

The common factor with people upgrading their vehicle is that they are endeared to their car. They're into the car to a point that they want to personalise and improve the vehicle to their own specification, spending time and money upon your vehicle.

To us, being into the car you drive comes with an additional care shown toward the car. Which starts with the simple things like watching where the vehicle is parked (sometimes obsessively). Or, using another car for the mundane (taking the dog over the park, tip runs, diy shopping trips etc).

You'll find that we are able to cover extensive modifications. We're competitive for modified vehicles, but also with cover features such as 'like for like' replacement of modified parts in the event of a repairable incident, agreed value is available for extensively modified/limited edition models and several of our Underwriters offer a trackday cover option.

With these models the mileage that you cover in a year has a big impact upon the premium that you pay for your Insurance cover.

We've numerous (15+) products from several (currently 5) of our Insurer partners that reward those of you who cover a lower annual mileage with your vehicle. Where you're claim/incident free, we're also able to mirror your NCB to allow you to use your actual NCB upon your main everyday vehicle (for those of you with a 2nd car). Which will save you money upon that policy too.

Anyway, we're here to help. So if you would like a relevant additional option, we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Kind regards

Tony

Thanks Staffs Deltic - your kind comments are gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards

Tony

Greenlight always been spot on for me.

Hi Nub,

Thanks for the past custom and the sentiment in terms of you 'would have loved to have stayed' this year.

The economics of a £100 saving are totally understood.

You lowering the mileage this year with Adrian Flux would have helped their premium against ours, which is likely to have been based upon the historic detail that you had provided in terms of your annual mileage.

We've quite a number of products aimed at rewarding lower mileage and this would have made a difference to our renewal pricing.

That said, Adrian Flux are a decent firm who will be able to look after you well. At least for this year anyway :wink3:>:) as we'd welcome the opportunity to take a look at this for you again next year.

I've been with green light for 3 years and would loved to have stayed but on renewal it increased a lot. Adrian flux beat greenlight by nearly £100 although part of this was due to me lowering my miles. Paying £500 for a 340bhp FN2, 29 nears old

Kind regards

Tony

#10 ·
Lot of insurers including some mentioned here wont insure based on location so just ring around and see what they say. I used a flux in my younger days but simply left due to poor service. I happily paid more elsewhere for better service. (Never made a claim etc at all but simply setting up a policy was too much hard work)

#11 ·
I've been with green light for 3 years and would loved to have stayed but on renewal it increased a lot. Adrian flux beat greenlight by nearly £100 although part of this was due to me lowering my miles. Paying £500 for a 340bhp FN2, 29 nears old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Adrian flux will defo be getting a shot, thanks for the help guys...a lil while til its due but will come quik and let u kniw how i get on with them

#15 ·
Thanks guys ....rang you for a quote and you provide very good cover with very good staff who know they're stuff.....Adrian flux was very good also the quotes came out as about the same but just personal preference this time round I think I will go for greenlight ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.