2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got a iphone 3gs and had a fm transmitter for a week and its annoying cuz its got no holder and remote is rubbish from ebay ofcorse.does anybody know any real good fm transmitter designed for honda civic comes with holder so iphone fits in nicely and charges etc ..
just when i used my current transmitter got no proper place to put it thanks

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Up until recently I was using a Belkin Tunebase transmitter which had its own cradle. Worked really well in my old shape Civ, but in the FN2... pretty poor. The position was OK for reaching the iPod, changing tracks etc but the interference / sound quality not good at all.

Had more luck with the Griffin iTrip... but that came without a cradle so doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't one on the market tailored for the Civic.

Personally, I would say ditch the FM plan and get a direct AUX in connection. You could spend up to £50 on a transmitter, yet a direct connection is only going to cost around £80 providing you are able to fit it yourself. Second hand ones go for more like £40-50 on eBay or in the For Sale section.

I had a second-hand Honda OEM unit fitted last month and it's made such a difference. No more crackles... yay!!! Plenty of info in this section if you have a good search around.

Hope you get a solution sorted soon

Cheers

Nick

Reactions: icivic06

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
You used to be able to get an fm transmitter that fitted in a cup holder but I cannot remember the name of it.
Fm transmitters are not great as Olas says, better off with a Dice or connects2 box wired directly into the stereo, this way you can use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks aswell.
Use the wiki, plenty of options in there.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Thanks bud but where is aux I don't think my civic has it is it back of navigation DVD system? I think ** right have to do that
No worries mate. Am assuming your car is pre MY09 in which case you won't have an AUX in connection. Fitting an aftermarket kit involves taking the dash apart and getting the cables in behind the original stereo unit, plus if you have a Sat Nav car you need an extra Y cable (a splitter basically).

The systems fool the stereo into thinking you have a CD changer - presumably it was never designed with MP3 players in mind - and you add new playlists to represent different CDs. You can also random play all tracks on your iPod and opt to just continue playing the last track running before you connected.

Have a look in the Wiki and also the How To guide for fitting to see if it's right for you

Cheers chap

Nick

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
You used to be able to get an fm transmitter that fitted in a cup holder but I cannot remember the name of it.
The Macally FMcup is probably what you're thinking off - I had one for a while and it was ok. Don't know if you still get them or whether they work with an iPhone - possibly not as the charging pins are different.

Pics and initial thoughts here, but I later went for a hard wired connection and it was much better.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/77968-post19.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts