2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys will be getting my new civic 2.2 es in the next few days, so this is my first post. I've read a lot about the various way of connecting an ipod. I'm only an amateur when it comes to car audio so am a bit confused:confused:
What I want is to be able to do is connect my ipod, keep steering controls and preferably have track titles displayed. What is everyones opinions on the best way to get this? All replies appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi Jimbo.

There is no standard aux-in or other type of ipod connection.

There are some different solutions.
No solution will show titles on the screen.
Except maybe a FM transmittor that can send id-tags as RDS data. But from a sound quality point of view this is not ideal.

If you have ordered the Honda ipod adaptor you will be able to connect your ipod. BUT, this is expensive and has very limited function. It will however also charge the ipod.

There are some aftermarket solutions, the most popular being the Connects2.

See the wiki for more info:
Connecting an MP3 player - Civinfo Wiki

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the help.

Does anyone know why track info is not displyed, when it is when using cd's. Cant see what the difference is if the ipod interface mimics a cd changer.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Thank for the help.

Does anyone know why track info is not displyed, when it is when using cd's. Cant see what the difference is if the ipod interface mimics a cd changer.
The CD changer does not run mp3 discs, only normal audio CDs.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether the type R standard stereo with satnav plays mp3 cds and whether it it a single disk or multi disk in dash changer many thanks. :confused:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether the type R standard stereo with satnav plays mp3 cds and whether it it a single disk or multi disk in dash changer many thanks. :confused:
Single disc in dash, plays mp3 cds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts