2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mum has just ordered a new 08 Civic 1.8 ES.
She takes delivery before Christmas, however we have bought her an iPod for christmas and want to get the integration.

It needs to be as simple and keep the car controls as much as possible but not to difficult to operate. Costs aren't too great an issue.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Mum has just ordered a new 08 Civic 1.8 ES.
She takes delivery before Christmas, however we have bought her an iPod for christmas and want to get the integration.

It needs to be as simple and keep the car controls as much as possible but not to difficult to operate. Costs aren't too great an issue.

Cheers in advance.

- Honda adapter
- Dension

I think that none of them show MP3 tags on the screen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Having got the Honda adaptor I find its not as bad as people make it out to be. If you use smart playlists in iTunes it can really make it a better experience.

e.g. I have one smart playlist called Honda5 (so it appears to be CD changer disc 5 to the car) that includes the last 100 podcasts downloaded, ordered by date added to itunes. itunes will update this every time the ipod is connected and keep it up to date.

Disc 8 will play random tracks off the ipod and disc 9 will play whatever was playing on the ipod when it was connected.

It will also charge the ipod.

Downsides: Its pricey and it doesn't display track information on the car's display. The ipod's own controls are locked out while it is connected but that doesn't bother me. I don't want to be taking my hands off the wheel to fiddle with it when I can just use the steering wheel controls.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts