2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a bit of advice for fitting a cat back system. I've tried to have my car up on stands but my jack isn't the best in the world and will only jack high enough to give me a clearance of about 11-12 inches on axle stands which isn't a lot of room to move about under the car. I could by some car ramps off eBay for around £40-50 but then I might as well take it to a garage to get fitted... Does anyone have any suggestions or can lend me better equipment to complete the job? I live in the Warrington area.

Cheers.

·
Banned
44 Posts
You will need ramps to get the standard exhaust off. Preferably H ramp and not the drive on drive off, they offer little room. although it is possible.

The OEM exhaust requires alot of angle to come out over the axle... just pop down TDi North sure they'll help.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so today i fitted the Tegiwa exhaust system which took around 3 1/2 hours, we could of done it a lot quicker if it weren't for some very rusty bolts that just wouldn't budge without a fight.

As you can see we went for the ramp option which worked brilliantly, it gave us quite a lot of room to move about and was a much better decision than putting it up on axle stands. Before we could drive up the ramp we did have to create a run up with the wooden blocks as there wasn't enough clearance at the front (there was no clearance issues when reversing it up).

Once we had it up on the ramps we fitted the center section before bringing it down and reversing it up to fit the rear section. After a test drive i need to tighten up a few bolts here and there as there's a leak and a slight rattle but apart from that I'm very happy with the system, it gives a nice deep tone when you give it some boot but suttle when you're just cruising.

At the minute I have my standard Cat installed, so i have replaced the sports cat with the silenced section however I'm planning on going to my local exhaust fabricator next weekend and asking them to mock up a straight through piece as I'd like it a touch louder, but overall I am very pleased with the quality of Tegiwa's system [smilie=gt-happyup.:
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/smf6sn.jpg[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good stuff. Glad you happy.

Whats the G-clamp for though? :D
The front section didn't want to connect up to the cat but with a littler persuasion front a G-clap, rubber mallet and some lube it slipped on ;)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
:) looks good buddy it took hagan 2hrs to do mine without ramps but no rusty bolts!
Yeah & still got the bruises to show for it ;) but good work buddy it's a doddle really I was lucky no rusty bolts ? Just an awkward angle to get the back box out with no ramps & just axle stands but we got there in the end it took two hrs would of been a lot quicker if it wasn't for the height clearance for the back box & I had ramps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Banned
44 Posts
The front section didn't want to connect up to the cat but with a littler persuasion front a G-clap, rubber mallet and some lube it slipped on ;)
That might be where your leak is. Did you use a new gasket?

Having to force the midsection onto the cat could have made a slight gap with the parts not sitting 100% flush.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts