2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting my new Civic EX later this month and we get our new Orange company mobile phones in mid January.

I currently have a steam powered Nokia 6230i with a Bluetooth headset that works Ok, but I'd for my new phone I would like one that works well with the HFT with decent call time.

I saw the Sony Ericsson K800i today and that looks pretty good (decent camera) and a simlar Nokia.

Any thoughts, comments, reviews

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
463 Posts
I use the same phone as you do and it works really well and would not think about replacing it. My wife uses the Nokia 6233 and this works well too.

They both pair up with the HFT right away and never have any problems connecting. Maybe some of the others on the forum can give you some other ideas.

Enjoy the Civic when you get it.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I've had 3 Sony Ericcson and all have drained the battery quickly when Bluetooth is turned on. Also, all of them have just cut off from the hands free systems I've had at the time; including my current EX with the K750i.

I now have a Samsung D900. Long battery life using Bluetooth, clear speech and no connection problems.

I'd definitely recommend the Samsung D900.[smilie=superkewl.g:

Ps: make sure you activate the 'auto recognise' setting on the phone after pairing-up.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I have just got a nokia N73 and it works a treat! On the plus side the browser works a treat i am in the car now waiting to pick up the kids

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I currently have a steam powered Nokia 6230i ...
I, too, have a 6230i and it has been perfect with the HFT since Day-1.
Nice to know that if the car arrives before you change the 'phone you'll still get on-the-air OK.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I found that the K750 was troublesome with the HFT until upgraded to the very latest firmware. The D900 has been perfect out of the box, with the exception that the K750 would go 6 days between charges, but the D900 manages 2.5 days.

·
Registered
184 Posts
D600 works fine so I think when I pick my new phone it'll be a D900.

Was thinking of the Sony 850i but after reading the comments about the battery I'll give that a miss.

At the end of the day the quality of the phone wont be the biggest factor it'll be the crap microphone noise situation which still bothers me even though I've had the proper fix done by Honda.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
how do,

I have the K800i on orange and it is a bit crap on the HFT. It sometimes will allow you to receive calls but never phone out. I had an N70 and that works.

I would not go for a k800i if I were you. It has developed a few faults and call quality is not fantastic. Mp3 is a bit lame on it also. Great Camera though.

Cheers

Elis

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
The Samsung D900 works really well for me, no problems whatsoever, mind you the Motorolas also worked well once they were set up

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies - I think a trip to the local Orange shop is needed to check out the Samsung D900 or the Nokia N73.

At least as Andi22b says my existing phone will work without any problems until the office give us new phones again.

Does anyone else get a new phone each year?
As we use our phones so much at work, our company policy is to issue a new phone each year. I have to say this Nokia is looking a bit battered and the battery is now showing signs of deterioration.

Any way I'm rambling on now - Cheers for all your replies.

Oh I'll post piccies of my new car as soon as I get it (19 days and counting)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for all the replies - I think a trip to the local Orange shop is needed to check out the Samsung D900 or the Nokia N73.

At least as Andi22b says my existing phone will work without any problems until the office give us new phones again.

Does anyone else get a new phone each year?
As we use our phones so much at work, our company policy is to issue a new phone each year. I have to say this Nokia is looking a bit battered and the battery is now showing signs of deterioration.

Any way I'm rambling on now - Cheers for all your replies.

Oh I'll post piccies of my new car as soon as I get it (19 days and counting)
I get a new phone pretty regularly. I just got the Blackberry 8100 Pearl which works a treat with the HFT but battery life is not great. I guess this is the price to pay for size. My wife has a small Nokia (can't remember the model, but it is a gold swirly swivelly thing) and the battery life is dire.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
noika 8800 sirocco, even tells me how much battery/ signal ive got via a spoken voice when i ask for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts