2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
This is how I had mine mounted:

Click the link for a bigger image if required :)

·
The Ginga Ninga
126 Posts
I started with mine in the same place but moved it to the other side of the radio display without the swivel bracket. Stops the sun shining on the screen

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
I found it fine - didn't have any issues with glare but ymmv.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks how has it been for you?
I've put mine in the same place as Dave87's picture. It's probably the best place for it, although I've recently been thinking whether I even need the screen visible. It depends what you're using it for - if the iPod's plugged in then track data / album art is useful. But since I mostly use the Parrott for calls (voice activated) and bluetooth music, and could happily live without the screen 90% of the time. If it was in the little cubby hole above the gear stick, that would work well if you wanted a more discrete install.

I wouldn't want it any more central than in the picture - at night the display is much brighter than (how I've set) the rest of the dashboard lights, it's kind of annoyingly bright, but at least it's out of my direct line of vision.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superficial, thanks for your input, i agree im hopefully having it installed later today. Will post some pics. Where is your audio cables going to glovebox or centre armrest.
With the voice activation is that just automatically setup with your iphone/mobile?

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
I ran the cables to the centre armrest - used a hole Honda had already supplied that is in line with where the handbrake is. Meant I didn't have to drill/cut anything.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mobile Install Manchester Rick Holmes but if your in leeds i can recommend a guy in Colton. PM me for the numbers.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
MKi9200

Hi I was thinking about buyin the parrot kit and was wondering if you had to cut any part of the dash to run the wires through to the screen mount???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts