2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondered what you 8th Gen owners thought was the best place to mount the Parrot remote control (with jog wheel)?

My car's previous owners thought it a good idea to mount it in front of the temperature screen, i have to lean forward and control it with my left hand, making it more unsafe than using a phone generally IMO!

Where are your best picks for remote control spots? I'd love pics if possible!

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Got mine by the electric window switches, easy to use there and not in the way of anything. Sorry but got no pics tho! :)

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
I'm just ordering mine, I am going to mount where the 12v socket is by te gear shift, with some creative modelling of the plastic.

These things don't light up so is dangerous in the dark anyway, do is all about learning where the controls are as what buttons to what without looking (like gear shifting!). And this stas away from getting in the way of the stealing wheel.

Parrot do do a link to connect the thing to your built in steering controls, but is another 100!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Thats where i have my controller but i have the screen at the back between the speedo and the radio/fan speed.

Reactions: iceland_potter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for all the replies, interesting to see so many different places to mount it.

I'm just ordering mine, I am going to mount where the 12v socket is by te gear shift, with some creative modelling of the plastic.

These things don't light up so is dangerous in the dark anyway, do is all about learning where the controls are as what buttons to what without looking (like gear shifting!). And this stas away from getting in the way of the stealing wheel.

Parrot do do a link to connect the thing to your built in steering controls, but is another 100!
I like the idea of it on the split between the two front seats somewhere, would like to see the pics of that when you have it done!

Also like the idea of it being near the electric window controls as I tend to put my right elbow on there when driving, I may be a bit frightened of it falling out when I open the door though.

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
Yes I thought the same about falling out the door.

There is a chap on here who put the older CK version Parrot control right where I am putting mine, subconsciously I think that is where I got the idea from. I intend to remove the 2 blanks and the cig lighter, create a new frame for the thing to sit in (nicely cut around to look swish!) and it can sit there.

Pics will come soon!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I thought the same about falling out the door.

There is a chap on here who put the older CK version Parrot control right where I am putting mine, subconsciously I think that is where I got the idea from. I intend to remove the 2 blanks and the cig lighter, create a new frame for the thing to sit in (nicely cut around to look swish!) and it can sit there.

Pics will come soon!
yea definately look forward to seeing that!

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
Well I have installed the thing, following the excellent how to on this site, 100% perfect. Took me longer deciding on where to put the connectors!

I'll take some time to fashion something suitable for the remote, it is smaller than I expected so will build the frame. Pics soon!

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
It was an effort: Basically I cut out the original plastic that was there (2 screws underside, and 2 slices down each side and it pops out), took out the cig lighter and the marked and cut the remote shape. I used a dremel to carefully cut down.

Then, taped the remote and filled in all the holes with P38 filler, then sanded down.

You will never get it to look totally smooth so all I need to do now is vinyl wrap the section and it will be done. I'll write a how to sometime soon.

I'll be honest I could make another, but I couldn't promise on how good the result would be. Now that I am going to wrap it, the 'roughness' of the outcome won't matter much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts