2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After picking your CTR brains please, has anyone please got some good suggestions for good high end parts for fast road set up on my FN2.

I just want some good plugs (hopefully with better spark than standard if there is )

BEst oil to use And filter ?

and finally best set pads for front and rear running OE calipers / discs.

Car is used daily and also on spirited (lol) drives,

I'm new to the CTR and loving it but would appreciate you guys helping with some good parts to put in her.

Thankyou in advance for taking the time to reply I appreciate it !

·
Enjoying life
8,532 Posts
NGK laser iridium plugs, same as standard. Oil, a lot recommend fuchs titan.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Millers NanoDrive. Reduced oil consumption, increased MPG (these two i can confirm) and apparently even increased power (does feel better after change but how much is this placebo effect i don't know since i didn't check on rolling road).
Filter wise i read here that OEM filter and K&N are the best. This was checked with data logs by one of the members here.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Hey guys,

After picking your CTR brains please, has anyone please got some good suggestions for good high end parts for fast road set up on my FN2.

I just want some good plugs (hopefully with better spark than standard if there is )

BEst oil to use And filter ?

and finally best set pads for front and rear running OE calipers / discs.

Car is used daily and also on spirited (lol) drives,

I'm new to the CTR and loving it but would appreciate you guys helping with some good parts to put in her.

Thankyou in advance for taking the time to reply I appreciate it !
NGK plugs.
I run Castrol oil in mine. But any good quality oil brand such as Millers, Mobil 1 etc is fine.

Pads wise. The more aggressive the pad compound the faster you'll wear the discs.

Dixcel Type Z is a good compound for all round performance.
I run Project MU HC+ front with NS-C rears and have run this setup on OEM discs on my DC5 with great results.

I also changed the lines to MU and the fluid to 5.1..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have used on all my cars
Mugen brake hose (you pay for your security! The only time that I have used something else - Tar-Ox - they broke at 200Km on circuit !)
Motul RBF600
Mugen Gold Pads or Ferodo DS2500

NKG Iridium BKR8EIX, better performance on all conditions.
Oil Castrol EDGE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts