2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off to my local detailing shop this weekend to get some bits and bobs.
I think im going to get some Iron x for the wheels, as i plan on removing them all this Spring for a full clean.

Also if you take a look at this picture theres a load of black spots on the wheels. I think Tar. I dont think my clay bar will remove these, so what products should i be looking at to get my wheels back to showroom condition.

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

Whats the best way of applying the stuff? Cloth/ wheel brush? Wheel mit?

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is Car pro Tar X a similar product to the autosmart Tardis?

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts
not sure how they come now but spray on the tardis first and leave a few mins then rinse off and then a quick dry. then same with ironx, spray on and leave for 5 mins or so, i did agitate with a toothbrush right in the corners then rinse off thoroughly. have a look at my thread,

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cleaning/62594-wheel-off-thorough-clean-required.html

I bought this recommended in the thread above and to be honest it is about as much use as tap water. Wolf's Chemicals Deironiser - 1 Litre

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have tiny fleks of metal (like iron fillings) stuck on one my alloys from when a stone got stuck in the brakes and gouged the disk. I won't come off during normal washing.... Will ironx get this off? Just worried they have got heat bonded on.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Isnt the Wolf's chemicals and the Iron X a similar product but differ in strength?
yes similar but i can only comment on ironx as thats what i use, its more potent i believe than wolfs and most people on DW are of the same opinion, ironx is far better

·
Registered
99 Posts
As said a tar remover and a iron remover needed .
tar - tardis but only sold in 5litres £20 ish , or auto finesse just launched obliTARate , meant to work as well of not better , £12 for 1ltr . Spray on leave for a min then wipe off .

Iron x - quick and effective but stinks
Wolfs decon - works as well as iron x but takes longer to work .smells better

Spray both on agitate , let wolfs sit for at least 15-30 mins . Longer if u want . Then wash off .

You will probably find some road rash on the spoke corners , every cw I've seen has this . Unavoidable with painted alloys and all the stones on our roads .

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. Will take a few photos once iv got the products and give it a go

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.