2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Wonder if anybody can help me, Im new to this forum and I am seeking some advise for my NHB Type R GT 2007. I want to buy an aftermarket air filter for my car but dont want to spend Gruppe M prices. Not bothered about BHP gain, my main interest is the sound.

What is the best sounding cheapish air filter for the Type R and where could i get one from?

I apologise if this has been covered before.

Thanks in advance for all your advise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey, probably best off with HKS, pipercross, or something similar... are you not happy with the standard sound?! abit off topic but nice 2 see other mancs on here lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
pipercross hands down mate cheap as chips and sound like theres a quake gonna happen lol people on here slag them but i found it made it breatha little better maybe more eager to reach the red line but the sound is worth it alone ;)think i might no sumone selling 1 mate

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise guys, its much appreciated. Think i will go for a Pipercross filter. Where is the best place to order one from and are they easy to fit?

KennyB, I will be very keen to purchase the filter if your contact is interested.

Robboman, Manc and proud pal, nice to hear from you. In response to your question i do love the standard sound mate, but would love it even better if it sounded noisyer and throatier as you really have to give it the beans to hear that minted sound. Problem when you want attention in town centres etc. (sorry if i sound like abit of a chav) Please can you post me if there are any local meets in the future as i would be keen to attend.

Thanks again chaps.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, sorry to myther, has anybody got any pics of how the Pipercross kit looks under the bonnet and is there enough room for a cold air feed pipe, if so what is the best size (diameter) and location for it.

Thanks in advance, your feedback is much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts