2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, despite the years of the press and FB groups etc telling me that the ride in the FN2 is pretty harsh, I got one anyway and to be fair it's the only thing that lets the car down at all for me. So, I know Eibachs improved the ride massively on my 330ci/172 cup and same for the H&R on my megane R26.
So which springs are best for ride comfort for everyday on these? Eibach pro line I'm guessing, but are there any others? Or are OEM as good as it gets?!

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Springs aren't often the issue, the dampers are most likely shot and need replacing.

If the dampers are new and it's still firm, then look for alternative springs.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dampers are fine. No leaks or signs of failure.
So do folk change the brand of shocks?
Back to original question tho - which springs

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
No leaks means they won't fail and MOT but if they have covered any mileage then I bet my cap that they are shot and not damping. The lack of damping WILL adversely affect the ride quality.

OEM dampers are pretty common replacements, although some folks have tried KYB, etc.

If you really want to change the springs, then do you want to lower the ride too?

Actually the springs are relatively cheap so throw a set on and let us know how you get on with them.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No leaks means they won't fail and MOT but if they have covered any mileage then I bet my cap that they are shot and not damping. The lack of damping WILL adversely affect the ride quality.

OEM dampers are pretty common replacements, although some folks have tried KYB, etc.

If you really want to change the springs, then do you want to lower the ride too?

Actually the springs are relatively cheap so throw a set on and let us know how you get on with them.
Bought kyb for my ep and they started rattling after a few hundred miles. Kyb weren't interested either. Won't be buying those again.

So eibachs? Pro line? It would be a bonus to drop a tiny bit nothing drastic

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
It's never going to be 'comfortable' unfortunately, I have Eibachs, new dampers and 17s and it barely passes for sufficient I'm afraid as the chassis is so stiff.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's never going to be 'comfortable' unfortunately, I have Eibachs, new dampers and 17s and it barely passes for sufficient I'm afraid as the chassis is so stiff.
Fair do's. Was always the warning. Will get some prolines on and see how it feels.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got an ep :) thats harsh in a totally different way

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok we're going way off topic here!

So, best springs for a decent daily driver?

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Saying that I have always been interested in tein as they drop an extra 5mm at the rear and I think the Fn2 needs that.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1 for the Eibachs. I would describe their ride as much more controlled compared with OEM, although still firm as has been said.
Cool. Will get some ordered

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I'm not, that's what will cure the fidgety ride.
I can second that, and I'll second Farqui's comment about the dampers. Whether or not they are tired, the oem dampers are pants for our roads. I've had the Eibach progressive springs and whilst they helped a tiny morsel, they're not going to cure the overall ride. Moving to Meister R's made a huge difference, particularly when set on the softer end.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can second that, and I'll second Farqui's comment about the dampers. Whether or not they are tired, the oem dampers are pants for our roads. I've had the Eibach progressive springs and whilst they helped a tiny morsel, they're not going to cure the overall ride. Moving to Meister R's made a huge difference, particularly when set on the softer end.
Coilovers are better than shocks?! Mental.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts