2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookig at getting some eibach springs...was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what's best height wise...and also best place to get them price wise etc?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Lookig at getting some eibach springs...was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what's best height wise...and also best place to get them price wise etc?
TDI do a good job. I went for 15mm, I imagine 30mm might be a bit low and scrape a lot but someone will come along with experience of the 30mm shortly and confirm.

Also might be an idea to get FRS done on front and rear, the car will feel amazing to drive with both springs and FRS.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I went for Tein springs and a Fast road set up at TDI south. Get my car back from them tomorrow.

Tein are 15mm Front, 20mm Rear

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah was thinking 25mm drop...I love in the countryside so bumpy roads around here too but def want FRS too...how much is frs? I saw an old thread where itwas £105 but that was a group buy!
One thing I'm not sure of is if we get deep snow like last winter then it will be even worse in my car, the snow/grit took all the laquer off my front splitter :/

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Do Eibach do 25mm?

Price depends on who get to do it.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do Eibach do 25mm?

Yeah £140 from CPL...the site says eibach performance springs (lowers 25mm)

Maybe tempted by 30mm tho...

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
15mm has always been enough for me mate, too many speed humps around me to go any lower.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Do Eibach do 25mm?

The 15mm springs you have are the 25mm Eibach springs ;)

The CTR is 10mm lower standard so the actual drop is only 15mm hence why people say 15mm springs. Even though in reality they are the 25mm springs from eibach.

OP - I have 25mm springs (15mm on the CTR) and FRS done by TDi North and am so happy with the results. Amazing difference over standard. Really worth the money. The guys are great aswell so its well worth spending the day there just watching them work their magic =)

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mystery solved lol

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
The 15mm springs you have are the 25mm Eibach springs ;)

The CTR is 10mm lower standard so the actual drop is only 15mm hence why people say 15mm springs. Even though in reality they are the 25mm springs from eibach.

OP - I have 25mm springs (15mm on the CTR) and FRS done by TDi North and am so happy with the results. Amazing difference over standard. Really worth the money. The guys are great aswell so its well worth spending the day there just watching them work their magic =)
Never knew that! Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Here is a pic of mine on 15mm eibachs + 15 mm eibach wheel spacers

A month after getting it lowered I know I made the right decision only gettin the 15 mm and not the 30 mm. Looks wise and practicality wise. 30mm too low in my opinion for speed bumps in my area and I think it looks too low. I won't describe it as I did on the previous thread again somas not to cause offence.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
When you've stopped enjoying yourself tomorrow don't forget to do a review. I'm especially interested in the brakes some make that bit good!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I shall Do a review with special brake attention for u. Where are you from?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts