2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps
I'm looking for some feed back on the best three mods to do to my type R fn2 that won't break the bank.
and I'm not bothered about making it any faster, well not just yet anyway馃槣
So any ideas ???

COTM Feb 2012
HKS RSK - 拢360 unless you get lucky on a sale thread
Milltek - 拢500

You didnt mention a budget so if youre really tight on money -

Mugen Sock - 拢13 ;)

Premium Member
Brakes,eibach or tein springs then frs best starter mods if you ain't bothered about power first ;) get the basics done which you will notice the difference ? Then start getting your power mods ;) then enjoy your motor ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

Banned
Sorry if it's price.

I'd get

1) Mr JP HID Kit (around 拢80 all in) - This makes the car look a lot better over OEM imo, as the standard lights are awful.
2) Air filter - I'd personalyl get a HKS RSK due to the sheer value for money - A K&N or cheap filter may give good noise but terrible heatsoak.
3) Nothing wrong with some decals/stickers from ebay. I even paid 拢4 for a Type-R tax disc holder which i really like :)

Registered
For me it's

1) HID lighting
2) Flashpro
3) Exhaust manifold/air intake filter

:p

Registered
come tdi north tomoz and see what you think of other peoples cars? you will most likely get a ride out in a couple... its alright people saying mods on here but it all depends on your driving style and budget... have a ride out in a car with frs! and see what you think....!

Registered
....i believe a FRS and eibachs are a great way to improve handling and it won't break the bank...coupled with HKS RSK for a bit more vtec kick and noise..

the GP skirt kit looks great on silver / red cars...but you would be looking at about 拢600 for that

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
come tdi north tomoz and see what you think of other peoples cars? you will most likely get a ride out in a couple... its alright people saying mods on here but it all depends on your driving style and budget... have a ride out in a car with frs! and see what you think....!
That's sounds like a plan, what time they all there ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
....i believe a FRS and eibachs are a great way to improve handling and it won't break the bank...coupled with HKS RSK for a bit more vtec kick and noise..

the GP skirt kit looks great on silver / red cars...but you would be looking at about 拢600 for that
Cheers for that but a bit to much money for now.

Premium Member
Why 17s ??????
What does that give you ????
Thanks
17s will transform your car, better handling, better mpg, better confort and better acceleration....

To the FRS and 17s I would add a set of eibach springs.

You said "wont break the bank".....

If willing to invest more, i'de say: FlashPro and Exhaust Manifold... as they are the best perfromance mods you can get! After you couls think of exhaust and intake.

LSD its very good, but expencive....

This is my opinion.... as I have done all the mods above. (and alot more) ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts