2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Had my 2008 Civic Type R for close on a month & the front tyres are simply awful in the wet (not great in the dry) they are some unknown brand & are simply not to my liking. (might put them on the rear as one is getting really low on tread,had advisory on mot)
So i`m after 2 new tyres any recommendations? Budget of about £80 per tyre.
225/40/18`s

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Eagle F1 asy 2 get a good review.

I have Michelin pilot sport 3 on mines and they are spot on so far. Buy the best you can mate, it'll be well worth the outlay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My previous car Toyota Corolla tsport vvtli had Yokohama BluEarths on it,good grip but they worn incredibly fast (heavy right foot).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up guys! Have a mate that works at ATS Euromaster he`s going to pull a few strings see what i can get them for! :)

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Agree Goodyear Eagle f1's asm2 or asm3

Had Bridgestone Potenza's which were o.k, but would pick the Eagle F1's....

When I first got the car they had some 'Triangles' on the front, proper hedge finders, nearly lost it on a few roundabouts driving steady!

Reactions: funkyphil71

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I'll back the eagle f1's again I have the 2.2 (Heavy front end) and it's never let me down when I've gone round a roundabout a little too fast even in the wet. Fantastic tyres and a world of difference from my old Astra with budget tyres which understeered whenever it felt like it

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Also check out the Dunlop SportMaxx RT 2.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the high performance tyres from the big brands. Continental haven't been mentioned yet, but they perform well in all the tyre tests and seem like the tyre to beat.

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
Also check out the Dunlop SportMaxx RT 2.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the high performance tyres from the big brands. Continental haven't been mentioned yet, but they perform well in all the tyre tests and seem like the tyre to beat.
+1

Dunlop sportmaxx RT on mine too, no complaints here. :)

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,282 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Advan AD08 R will be my next choice! ;);)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again guys for all the info. Hoping my mate gets back to me in the next few days & i`ll make a decision then.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Which ones did you end up getting

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Changed my my front from Dunlop SportMAX to .... Avon ZV 7 XL and so far, after 300 miles, they seem to be about the same. I have pushed them around the corners in the wet and they haven't let go yet, I dont hang around, and dry performance looks good. Not sure on the wear yet. Rears are ZV 5 that have been on there and lasted through a set of Dunlops and Goodyears on the front. The ZV5s, for reference, were _noticeable_ worse than the Dunlop and Goodyears, which I why I originally changed from the cheaper brands on the front to something better. So basically a happy camper so far on the ZV 7 XLs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Changed my my front from Dunlop SportMAX to .... Avon ZV 7 XL and so far, after 300 miles, they seem to be about the same. I have pushed them around the corners in the wet and they haven't let go yet, I dont hang around, and dry performance looks good. Not sure on the wear yet. Rears are ZV 5 that have been on there and lasted through a set of Dunlops and Goodyears on the front. The ZV5s, for reference, were _noticeable_ worse than the Dunlop and Goodyears, which I why I originally changed from the cheaper brands on the front to something better. So basically a happy camper so far on the ZV 7 XLs.
The Avons get a good wet rating on Blackcircles, I would probably go with a different brand personally given that i ride bikes and one of the guys in our group used to turn ghost white when it would start raining as the Avon tyres on his bike were absolutely abismal in the wet, you would be behind him and hear the engine rev its tits off everytime he looked at the throttle as it just span up the rear tyre.

Probably looking at Toyo T1-R or S myself given my current budget after just buying the car, need to bin the cheap ditchfinders thats currently on it as they are truly awful.

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
I would have a look at the Uniroyal Rainsport 3. I have had mine on now for about a month and cant fault them. Run quiet on the road and grip very well in the wet. At around £70 fully fitted they wont break the bank either. :wink3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts