2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best tyres for the fn2 for road use and grip? Been through 3 sets of bridgestones find them very good but wear quick. My front set have only last me 12 months and that's without track days

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Are you interested in Trackdays?

I run AD08s and I love them, perfect tyre for me, great day to day, a little loud but not too bad, and on track totally epic, even in the wet they are excellent

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
got falken FK452 on the front of my FN2, very good so far..
as with anything, it will come down to personal preference, really isn't a 'best' out there, or we'd all have them ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Dont know whats best but I know Falken 452s are shockingly bad, avoid.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Over the next few weeks I'm going to be testing out a new brand of tyre. I've been in discussion with the sole Uk suppliers regarding their suitability and they are eagerly awaiting my feedback. I never heard of them being honest but after doing some homework I was shocked on how well they were reviewed and performed according to the info supplied.

Im taking delivery tomorrow and I will keep you all posted as I think it's going to help the Fn2 members and the most exciting part of it is the cost. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Heard vredsteins (sp?) are suppose to be very good.

I had Kuhmo's on my old Fiesta and they came on the front on the civic and have been good so far. Although I have nothing to compare with in the Civic.

The usual AD08's and aysemetric's always get good reviews so are worth a shout.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Dont know whats best but I know Falken 452s are shockingly bad, avoid.
Really? ran them in 19's and 18's with the charger, great grip. And surprised myself and an FD2 owner how well the wore on the track day :popcorn:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Im running michelin pilot sport 3s and they seem great at least for wht im doing, but I cant comment what they are like on the track but they seem good in wet and dry fast road stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
AD08's or Fedral 595 RSR's I've found to be the best. The ad08's are a wide tyre though so if your lowered plus 15mm spacers they will catch on the front arches that's why I removed mine.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2. Most capable tyres I've had to date but I'm yet to see how they wear..

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I have the Toyo T1R's all round, no problems so far. First week of having them on I thought they were a bit quiter and steering was not as sharp (nothing life changing) compared to the RE050A's.

I did get 35k+ on my front RE050A's, which is probably worth mentioning as we must obviously have different driving styles.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
AD08s all day long :VTECSMILEY:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts