2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Anyone got any good suggestions for some good top wax / carnuba ? I've been using the dodo juice orange crush. Which does give good results but wondered if anyone got any other good suggestions, I'm after the high gloss wet look.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Autoglym is a great shout for exactly that. Does have a fairly hefty £35 a tub price tag but during the summer Halfords do a 3 for 2 (cheapest item free) deal so I picked up 2 tubs with the autoglym complete detailing set for just over £100. Should last me several years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,661 Posts
No such thing as best, we all have our own preferences. Collinite 845 is a good budget wax. Vics concours is nice on warm paint like Milano. Don't hesitate in spending up to £50 as the pot will last you years & years.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good gear mate the Autoglym ,I use there shampoo which is awesome, interior spray, and few other bits. All good stuff, the dodo juice is amazing stuff, gives a great gloss finish, just wondered what any other guys using for a top wax.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactally, everyone I know have there own preferences mate, just after some other ideas as I need a pot now, not bothered on spending the money if it's good, as like ya say it will last, would the vics give a high gloss wet look do you know ?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,661 Posts
Exactally, everyone I know have there own preferences mate, just after some other ideas as I need a pot now, not bothered on spending the money if it's good, as like ya say it will last, would the vics give a high gloss wet look do you know ?
Yes, but it's not very durable. Sent you a PM

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use Collinite 476 as it lasts quite well, but i also have some Zaino Z2 sealant i use every now and again, thing you have to remember is we are all different with different sets of eyes/vision/opinion, The "look"is kind of subjective/opinion, the ease of application and removal is something that is a bit easier to quantify....for instance with the Collinite i will do 2 panels at a time then buff it off, if you leave it longer like if you wax the whole car it tends to be more of a pain in the backside to buff off, but its quite a hardy and long lasting wax so maybe that's why.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,661 Posts
I've owned & used at least 40 waxes. I narrowed my collection down to 2 (AutoPerfection Evolve & Adams Patriot). Both leave a great wet/glossy finish, both super easy to use, both big pots which will last years.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Gaz, going to look at the collinite stuff looks good, like you say good idea to be doing not too many panels at a time or it can be a nightmare to get off, best panel by panel, cheers mate !

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Gaz, going to look at the collinite stuff looks good, like you say good idea to be doing not too many panels at a time or it can be a nightmare to get off, best panel by panel, cheers mate !
Aye you won't be dissapointed, think its about £16 quid for a tin, mines has lasted me years, its almost done, and that is with doing my cars and mothers and fathers as well as a few mates over the years, you can usually still see it beading well 4 months down the line, it might not smell as nice as some of the fancier waxes out there but the durability from them IME isn't as good as the £16 tin of Collinite 476S, plenty of good reviews out there.

Collinite Super Doublecoat No. 476S - Clean Your Car

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tend to find detailing products are a bit like video games....lots of marketing BS and hype that rarely lives up to the expectation, sure, every now and then something comes along that is as good as the hype and marketing says, but largely the "majority" of stuff is on an evenish keel, find something you like and stick with it till you find something thats the next level....kinda like Wanners "Koch Green star" thread, he had been dissapointed with ALL the touchless snowfoam and citrus sprays he had tried till he found one that was next level...

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,661 Posts
I tend to find detailing products are a bit like video games....lots of marketing BS and hype that rarely lives up to the expectation, sure, every now and then something comes along that is as good as the hype and marketing says, but largely the "majority" of stuff is on an evenish keel, find something you like and stick with it till you find something thats the next level....kinda like Wanners "Koch Green star" thread, he had been dissapointed with ALL the touchless snowfoam and citrus sprays he had tried till he found one that was next level...
Agreed, the detailing market is now saturated. Believe me I've tried hundreds of products. Some cheap, some very expensive. I've now found what I'm happy with & will stick with them.

I think this is why it's a good think like Clean Your Ride are so successful as they offer samples. Wish they were around when I started :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had mine valeted with Angelwax wax and glass treatment looked absolutely stunning when I picked it up but with the weather probably won't last long. Gonna give it a go myself next time so interested in what others are using. Glass treatment is amazing!

·
Administrator
15,507 Posts
i have tried Collinite 915 and this is the best carnuba wax i have used to date
car looks wet to look at and water beads off like nothing i have seen before.

jools
For a budget wax collinite 915 is fantastic. I still have it in my arsenal but rarely use it now

·
CTR
538 Posts
Just bought Collinite 476 and used for the 1st time, great results.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts