1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I like the layout and cleanliness of this forum.
I did search around and found those two threads posted. I was hoping that maybe there was some information I was missing. Anyways, here are some pics of my new car. Just got her back from the dealership a few hours ago.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Car looks really nice. You are aware this is a forum for the Euro version of the civic? It's very different as you can see from some of the gallery pics.

You're very welcome here though, would be interesting to compare notes, and see where there are similarities and differences etc. I know some of the accessories are common between the two types of Civic.

What do you think of the Euro 8gen Civic?

Edit: Just spotted the steering wheel is on the wrong side!? You want to get that checked out at your dealer. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
basegreen said:
Car looks really nice. You are aware this is a forum for the Euro version of the civic? It's very different as you can see from some of the gallery pics.
Oops... :oops: Thanks for making me still feel welcome. I think I might stick around since they are so similar.

basegreen said:
Edit: Just spotted the steering wheel is on the wrong side!? You want to get that checked out at your dealer. ;)
I'll get on that :shock: :D

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Hello and welcome Matrix0507!

Does your new car have a connector for an iPod? :)

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Welcome Matrix0507, nice looking car you have there! What's the Bobby Rahal plate on the front? Is that the dealership you bought it from? I remember Bobby Rahal from CART when he used to race and then manage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys,
As of now, I just have my iPod connected through the aux in. I'm considering an ipod adapter but then again, I want to get my aftermarket player in it as soon as possible. However, I AM considering keeping the speakers in believe it or not. They sound decent (I am aware of the downfalls of stock) but I believe that with the right headunit sending a cleaner and more powerful signal, they will sound about 10x better :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hartside said:
Welcome Matrix0507, nice looking car you have there! What's the Bobby Rahal plate on the front? Is that the dealership you bought it from? I remember Bobby Rahal from CART when he used to race and then manage.
You are correct, it is the dealer I bought this beauty from. I had an amazing experience with them. The salesman was obviously high pressure, but I didn't let him walk all over me. By the end of my first meeting w/ him we had reached an understanding and he was beginning to work with me. By the third day I had an awesome deal and just had to wait for him to find the exact color for me. (they didnt' have one in stock so they had to find a dealer that did...from what he told me that was going to be a daunting task...he called me the next day :-D) Their facility is killer. I plan on getting my service done there.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Matrix0507 said:
As of now, I just have my iPod connected through the aux in.
OK guys; does this give us hope??

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Blimey!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: An American that uses a 'Stick' shift and not Auto!!!!!!!

That's a rare thing indeed!!!!

My dad lives in Tampa, and I can't honestly say that I've NEVER seen a regular manual shift car round the area he lives!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mark996 said:
Blimey!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: An American that uses a 'Stick' shift and not Auto!!!!!!!

That's a rare thing indeed!!!!

My dad lives in Tampa, and I can't honestly say that I've NEVER seen a regular manual shift car round the area he lives!!!!
:lol: are you serious? Cool!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Matrix0507 said:
generationgav said:
Matrix0507 said:
? Are you guys having problems w/ your ipods?
The fact that we don't have an aux in is a bit of an issue round these parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
generationgav said:
Matrix0507 said:
generationgav said:
Matrix0507 said:
? Are you guys having problems w/ your ipods?
The fact that we don't have an aux in is a bit of an issue round these parts.
:shock: That was one of the first things I did when I got my new Civic. Loaded up my iPod 8)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I definitely think we got the better deal over this side of this side of the pond.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
Hello Matrix, belated welcome from me too, been too busy to visit recently :D :D :D

Wow, lots of pics, so many differences and soo many similarities too. Looks really nice. 8)

See ya round.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's so wierd. Your sterring wheel has controls for Cruise control....but no controls for the stereo? The first thjing you get over here is audio controls on the sterring wheel and then Cruise control only comes in on the higher models. Is this an American thing where any car you buy has cruise control as standard?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Well, the stereotype is that all American roads are nothing but long straights... :roll:

Happy 4th of July!

[smilie=hellyeah.gi:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts