2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at a lot of older threads about this topic. I want ones purely for the looks, I think the Heko are a bit bigger than the Climair which is a plus, but one 8 page thread had the majority preferring a JDM style stick-on type.

I think Id prefer the Heko ones, they would look more oem with the car as opposed to a stick-on type, and because I plan on keeping the car long term Id want to make sure they would hold in place after proper fitting.

I could be persuaded but Im leaning towards the Hekos at the moment.

Any advice guys would be much appreciated.

·
2007 2.2 EX:-D
47 Posts
I've got heko's on mine, and they're awesome. Totally transform the look of the car, work well, and most of all- they're so easy to fit that my missus was allowed to help! :D

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
It's quite a strange question to ask, since you've already seen the other thread so know the general opinion of others already.

Surely it depends entirely on your own opinion of what looks better?

Personally I prefer the look of the Heko's.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
I've had hekos and the stick on ones from ebay and now I have climair and would Defo say climair are best!

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
I have hekos but was thinking of getting climair ones, but the hekos fit fine and in my opinion look better. Only thing I dislike about them are the metal clips.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's quite a strange question to ask, since you've already seen the other thread so know the general opinion of others already.

Surely it depends entirely on your own opinion of what looks better?

Personally I prefer the look of the Heko's.
Well, like I said - they were older threads, and I wanted to know what the general consensus was about which are the best a few years down the line.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ditto just ask yourself why when the manufacturers make these they all stick them on rather than shove them in the window seal? Also your badges on the car are stuck on and they don't fall off either
Oh, I should have worded my first post better - Ive no doubt that the stick-on ones stay stuck, its the chance of Heko ones slipping after a couple of years that I'm worried about. I want them fit properly and to stay that way - was hoping someone with them fitted a few years would post saying they are still in great nick.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had hekos and the stick on ones from ebay and now I have climair and would Defo say climair are best!
Why is that? better quality?

Are they a little smaller than the Hekos? They look it in pics Ive seen.

I like the fact there is no clips at all with them.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Well, like I said - they were older threads, and I wanted to know what the general consensus was about which are the best a few years down the line.
Oh, I should have worded my first post better - Ive no doubt that the stick-on ones stay stuck, its the chance of Heko ones slipping after a couple of years that I'm worried about. I want them fit properly and to stay that way - was hoping someone with them fitted a few years would post saying they are still in great nick.
Your original post was "I want ones purely for the looks".

But you seem to contradict yourself by wanting to know about the reliability, hence your decision is not based purely on looks.

I've had mine for over a year, just stuck with tape and not the metal clips and they've been fine.

Preparation is important otherwise they won't stick for long.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I would say Climair then the Hekos and i don't like the stick on ones at all, I've had my Hekos on now for 3 years and never had a problem with them, i ran double sided tape the full length of them and didn't use the metal clips.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I've got Heko's and used the clips. No complaints and I'll likely be getting them for future cars aswell.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your original post was "I want ones purely for the looks".

But you seem to contradict yourself by wanting to know about the reliability, hence your decision is not based purely on looks.

I've had mine for over a year, just stuck with tape and not the metal clips and they've been fine.

Preparation is important otherwise they won't stick for long.

What I meant by wanting them purely for looks is that I wouldn't be buying them strictly for their purpose as wind deflectors.

And because I like the look of them on the car of course I want them to be still properly in place a couple of years down the line.

Anyway - lets not quarrel. So you recommend the Hekos? Once they are put on properly they will last? Cool.

Id be getting the 3M double-sided tape and putting the clips nowhere near my car.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
What I meant by wanting them purely for looks is that I wouldn't be buying them strictly for their purpose as wind deflectors.

And because I like the look of them on the car of course I want them to be still properly in place a couple of years down the line.

Anyway - lets not quarrel. So you recommend the Hekos? Once they are put on properly they will last? Cool.

Id be getting the 3M double-sided tape and putting the clips nowhere near my car.
Yes, I would definitely recommend the Heko's. But at the same time, I don't think there is anything wrong with the Climair ones, I just prefer the look of Heko's.

I do believe the Heko's are more difficult to install than the Climair ones though, since they have to be inserted rather than just stuck on.

It's worth leaving your windows closed for a good day or so to let the adhesive stick properly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts