2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my current 2007 FN2 CTR for about 2.5 years. I’m finding my current brakes a little rubbish. I’m thinking this is due to worn discs & rubbish pads. I’ve read up around swapping the stock calipers to DC5 brembo with s2000 discs. Do you need any extra brackets to do this. Seen a few FK2 brembo calipers going second hand too. Can these be retro fitted? I’m currently running 19” Honda rage wheels.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I’ve had my current 2007 FN2 CTR for about 2.5 years. I’m finding my current brakes a little rubbish. I’m thinking this is due to worn discs & rubbish pads. I’ve read up around swapping the stock calipers to DC5 brembo with s2000 discs. Do you need any extra brackets to do this. Seen a few FK2 brembo calipers going second hand too. Can these be retro fitted? I’m currently running 19” Honda rage wheels.
I just had mine upgraded a few weeks back, def one of the best mods I've done to my fn2.
I had TGM Sport source some new Brembo dc5 calipers and Tom fitted them to my car alongside 350Z Brembo cross drilled discs and Brembo DC5 sport pads.
Had to use 20mm spacers to clear the calipers on my 18" oem wheels.
I'd stick to the rages as not sure the fk2 kit will be suitable.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Don't believe FK2 ones can be used at all even if adapters could be made.
Even with decent pads and discs I found OEM lacking.

@liamgdr was selling some Spoon calipers.
I have Stoptechs which are fantastic but are pricey if new.
Brembos from FD2 / DC5 should also be very good with the right pad / rotor combo.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
+1 for stoptech kit. Excellent kit, I upgraded the standard discs and pads for better of the same and they were still a bit lame. Got 4 pot stoptech touring kit on now and they are absolutely brilliant in comparison

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
+1 for DC5 Brembos. They're *miles* better than standard FN2 calipers and were 'only' £600 including some used discs and pads from the previous owner. They're great value IMHO, although you need to budget on a spacer to get them to clear OEM alloys. You get a good choice of discs (from the S2000) and pads (DC5 / 350Z). There's a bloke on Facebook selling brand new Brembos from the Megane I believe. Might be worth a look if you want new ones...

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Fk2 brembo's won't fit, buy some Renaultsport brembo's and get the disks, brackets etc from Freaky Parts or ksystem. ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did just stumble across the freaky parts 4 pot Caliper kit which looks to be worth a punt. Saves tracking down used calipers which might need work. Thanks for the advise chaps. Think i’ll do some more research

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
We also do the full Brembo 4 pot kit with new calipers, DS2500 or PBS pads, 320mm discs and adaptors for £789.00 and it comes with a 1 year warranty, and UK supplied
They're much better than a second hand DC5 Brembo setup :D

Do you do any forum discount? I will be in touch soon for disks, pads, brackets etc. Picked up some used renaultsport brembo calipers that I'm rebuilding so don't require the full kit, cheers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
We also do the full Brembo 4 pot kit with new calipers, DS2500 or PBS pads, 320mm discs and adaptors for £789.00 and it comes with a 1 year warranty, and UK supplied
They're much better than a second hand DC5 Brembo setup :D

Good kit but wouldn't go as far as 'much better than a dc5'. No difference at all

·
Registered
575 Posts
How's that?
The DC5 runs smaller, thinner pads and 300x25mm discs.
This Brembo kit runs larger, thicker pads and 320x28mm discs.
So... better in every way.
But wouldn't necessary make that much of a difference unless tracking it hard, even then most wouldn't notice the difference. You statement was misleading.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
But wouldn't necessary make that much of a difference unless tracking it hard, even then most wouldn't notice the difference. You statement was misleading.

I don't think it's misleading a bigger disc and bigger size pad is going to be better than a smaller disc and pad, I'm sure the DC5 kit probably costs a bit more to.

I will send a message over re the discs, pads, brackets etc.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts

I would say the difference will instantly noticeable between the two, given the same pad compound. Less pedal effort for starters as you're not working the pad as hard to get the same effect.
Anyway, for you I guess it's irrelevant as you're running the DC5 setup. I'm interested to know how TGM managed to fit 350z 324x30mm discs to the DC5 calipers? Are you sure that's the setup you're running?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would say the difference will instantly noticeable between the two, given the same pad compound. Less pedal effort for starters as you're not working the pad as hard to get the same effect.
Anyway, for you I guess it's irrelevant as you're running the DC5 setup. I'm interested to know how TGM managed to fit 350z 324x30mm discs to the DC5 calipers? Are you sure that's the setup you're running?
Hi, fair enough and I'll stand corrected. Sorry mine are s2000 discs (300mm) and dc5 race pads. Was fitted with 20mm spacers. Would your kit also require spacers?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I believe the Brembo kit we do needs around 15mm spacers to clear OEM wheels as the discs are deeper than the S2000 discs. They're more like the OEM depth whereas the S2000 is a good 10mm shallower so push the caliper out towards the wheel.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts