2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys,

Just a quick question.

I've only had my civic for a week, and find the standard audio setup a bit flat. I have messed around with the settings and just can't seem to get a great sound out of the stereo. I'm not looking for crazy volumes, just a rich sound. My question is: If I replace the standard stereo for an aftermarket double din one, does this make a big difference on the quality of sound from the OEM speakers? In the past I've found that it's generally the stereo that isn't great and the speakers sound better with a better head unit. Just wondering if this is the case in the Civic?

Cheers,

Chad.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
There are a few threads about this as I agree with what you are saying, it seems the stereo header is naff but the speakers are good with a decent stereo header. Many have just installed boot sub woofers to raise the quality as the top end is not too bad/acceptable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have to agree it's not very loud but I've had no reason to change mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. Looks like I may have found somewhere to bury some money then....:laugh2:
Just need to save some and then make that pain in the ass decision of which one to go for...[smilie=graytard.gi:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing just occurred to me. My car has reversing sensors. Is this linked into the stereo? Or is it an entirely separate unit?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Do your parking sensors just beep or do you also have a visual display somewhere?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If they're after market like mine then it'll probably have a tiny speaker and not linked to your stereo sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't have a clue if they are aftermarket or factory fitted. [smilie=noeyedear-s:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, will do. Haven't got any photos at all yet. Will put one on once I've got some.

Cheers,

Chad.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I replaced OEM stereo with a Pioneer double din and couldn't believe how much better the sound in the car was! Finally some proper bass!

The OEM speakers are fine - its the stereo which is lacking. You'll be well impressed if you change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took a quick photo of the back of my car to show what the sensors look like, but can't attach an image. :frown2: I looked at the 'how to' and it says that there is a paperclip to click and add an image of 640x480 that way, but I don't have the paperclip? That's when using the full reply to post, not just the quick reply. Has this been removed as an option?

Chad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I changed my speakers for some hertz esk speakers. When you take the factory speakers out you'll laugh!! They're so light an cheap!!! The new speakers sound 10 times better. You don't need to spend a lot on new speakers. Just get some!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts