2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after a longish hiatus having fun in a scirocco 2.0 tsi, this dropped in while at the dealership for a chat (hmm what I actually went in for 3 years ago coincidence? :)

test drove it next day, blown away tbh. The ride home in the sirocco felt like a 1.4tsi Polo.....phoned next morning/paid a deposit before next on list got offer.

anyhoos 19k 1 owner, FHSH etc GT spec competition white.

Car Vehicle Hood Grille Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel Car Vehicle Sky Vehicle Gear shift Car Speedometer Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive side-view mirror Car Plant Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

3 weeks so far plus 8 the dealer has been waiting already.......its killing me. :)

have M999NDO on retention waiting for that dammed V5 then send it away again......again....

·
Super Moderator
3,992 Posts
happened twice to my son, ended up sending a V62 form to get their fingers out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So did the dealer get it without a V5, or is it just "covid"?
Guy before had private plate then combination of usual DVLA stellar performance plus Covid i think. they chasing it up now, they going to tax it on the SP registered number an dill transfer my own reg later, once the backlog dies down, hopefully get it soon, the moneys sitting in account, dying to be spanked on random fun lol must resist.........

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So finally got to give the car a going over with first Poorboys diamond white polish, then a layer of good old Autoglym super resin polish (Red)

I have 4D plates inbound with M999NDO, sitting ready to be applied :D looking forward to removing the trader Honda rear plate, its huuuuuuuuge!

washed with Autoglym shampoo and used Magma on wheels and bodywork to remove oxide residue. microfobre mitts and cloths ftw!
wheels got a proper clean then waxed with aqua-wax and a buff up. all high gloss panel work/wheels got super resin red then aquawax.

plan is to alternate poorboys white then autoglym red/gold top seal every 2nd weekend until sept, then a final seal of carnauba wax for the winter in Sept. I have the poorboys wax for black coming for spoiler, mirror caps and high gloss bodywork to remove the microsiwrls, it works as well as mcguires.

poorboys
Liquid Fluid Drink Cylinder Gas

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle View attachment 318778

Was in two minds about the the poorboys stuff, until i treated the rear, it was starting to yellow a touch from the pipes, not anymore :) its is ice white again.

Autoglym

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle

Hood Automotive exterior Composite material Shade Tints and shades

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

The paint felt when wet like it had never seen wax, may have been ceramic coated by previous, taking the polish now however and starting to shine (as best as white can) it now feels like my car proper now its had 2 coats of wax :D ill have a dozen on by end of summer.

wish i had the kahoonas to try machine buffing, but nope :p all by hand.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,488 Posts
So finally got to give the car a going over with first Poorboys diamond white polish, then a layer of good old Autoglym super resin polish (Red)

I have 4D plates inbound with M999NDO, sitting ready to be applied :D looking forward to removing the trader Honda rear plate, its huuuuuuuuge!

washed with Autoglym shampoo and used Magma on wheels and bodywork to remove oxide residue. microfobre mitts and cloths ftw!
wheels got a proper clean then waxed with aqua-wax and a buff up. all high gloss panel work/wheels got super resin red then aquawax.

plan is to alternate poorboys white then autoglym red/gold top seal every 2nd weekend until sept, then a final seal of carnauba wax for the winter in Sept. I have the poorboys wax for black coming for spoiler, mirror caps and high gloss bodywork to remove the microsiwrls, it works as well as mcguires.

poorboys
View attachment 318776

View attachment 318777 View attachment 318778

Was in two minds about the the poorboys stuff, until i treated the rear, it was starting to yellow a touch from the pipes, not anymore :) its is ice white again.

Autoglym

View attachment 318781 View attachment 318782

View attachment 318784
View attachment 318785

View attachment 318786

View attachment 318787

View attachment 318788

The paint felt when wet like it had never seen wax, may have been ceramic coated by previous, taking the polish now however and starting to shine (as best as white can) it now feels like my car proper now its had 2 coats of wax :D ill have a dozen on by end of summer.

wish i had the kahoonas to try machine buffing, but nope :p all by hand.
Looking very nice indeed. If only I could afford, car can only dream off. The autoglym super resin polish is a very good product. 👍

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking very nice indeed. If only I could afford, car can only dream off. The autoglym super resin polish is a very good product. 👍
yep used it for years, the gold high gloss is a good enhancer after the red is buffed up, they dont sell it bulk anymore, but i swear by it.

ill give it another red next weekend then top off with below.
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, 500ml: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

my mate was round earlier, hes a spray painter to trade, we going to get the polisher on it in the next few weeks :D

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Does the gloss replace the wax, I use maguires extreme paste wax after the resin and the finish is really good. That’s done by hand, done the other half’s car today. If I get 2 coats of wax on it and wash it follow week and dry it if it just looks like it’s been waxed, the shine is really good still.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah think of the gold high gloss like a thinner top coat smells more thinners based n smooths the red top surface, ends up feeling/looking like glass :)

Mine is also all by hand :) my cousin has my blue scirocco.

Ive ordered poorboys black hole to remove any microswirls on black spolier n bodykit surfaces should be here for this weekend. ::)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So you put the gold on like a polish and drys cloudy till you buff it off, so they would be no need for wax?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you put the gold on like a polish and drys cloudy till you buff it off, so they would be no need for wax?
Do a red layer but apply n buff off the red as normal then do a thin layer of gold after it on top.

Allow to dry to a haze and buff off :) for a mirror finish, buff with firm pressure to apply slight heat i found gives a glass like smoothness.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so dropped by the local car shop for some tape for the new plates, and would you know it, they stock all the poorboys stuff and cheaper than Amazon :) Picked up some of the black hole show wax for the high gloss black parts/bodykit.

applied via circular alpplicator with slight pressure, then buffed to a shine before adding a layer of McGuire's carnauba top wax for now.

Plan to do it again with poorboys black hole on the deeper buff marks. then autoglym red, then gold high glosds top coat at weekend.

The poorboys black has removed all microswirls on the top of the spoiler :) I'm a happy man

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok so last night after driving the beast back up north, while thundering up the A74 (M) as you do :) i got thinking about the wierd shade i see on the rear in certain light, so i went and ordered a clay bar kit when i stopped at Kendal services for a wee and refill of coffee, and a quick smoke tbh (im still not smoking in her, first time ever btw)

plan is this weekend give it a wash down, apply magma to the panel, work in with mitt, rinse off and work on the back panel to get it back to white white, i can see yellowing from the pipes and black tiny speckles all over back panel, and yes its driving me insane. :)

plan
Clay bar it, then work some poor boys diamond white in, rewash rear and apply Autoglym red buff off/repeat 2nd layer buff off again and apply autoglym gold top seal firmly buffing off to get a bit of heat in my polishing cloth ;) thats my secret to a glass like finish without clay, so im looking forward to this :D
Depending on how long it takes i may also do the rear quarters,, if its not too sunny also.

Ill collect photos and knock up a guide, its a new thing for me, not clay barred a car before, betty deserves it and if the steps along the way help others, double win right?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh new additions.

added black plastic caps to all the door screws......and black anodised honda door lock caps, still unsure about them they may get yanked.

since found championship white caps so may do them instead, although im liking the white/black offset.

but i got round to fitting Loxys truly sublime footlight plug and play kit.

supplied guide followed to the letter, although wasted 20 minutes looking for a part called "patience" listed.....confirmed i couldnt find any after that :D

Tool required apart from listed in the fab guide, as about a 1m long thing garden cane, to feed the attached passenger strip through the fornt of center console and down below fglovebaox (agaian perfect steps Loxy)

overall time 20mins (not including patience search period) and that was because im fussy with placement.

End result below, compliments the door led flashes a dream, apologies on the pics (and my left foot, lol didnt intend to colour coordinate my driving shoes!)

ill get better pics up later.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
picked up a cheap pipercross panel filter replacement, will chuck on at weekend and see how it sounds and feels.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Turns out previous owner had a pipercross fitted already doh! Oh well refitted and decided to try and clay bar the car all panels except roof dobe today then polished back up with poorboys white/black n autoglym gold ran out of steam to autoglym red in addition.

Very relaxing clay barring i loved it and soon had all the blemishes gone.

Definately looking better without all the carbon deposits and tree sap/tar all over.

Should have started clay bar years ago omg!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
probs easier to share the album :)

and my previous....non Honda (sorry!) but working towards the same level of paint shine :)

now lovingly obsessed over by my wee cousin, he wants betty next :)

1 - 20 of 152 Posts