2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Mrs just texted to say shes on her way, lol talked her thru retrospective win server patching for nessus pen test results before she set off, haha we are such nerds, things ya do eh, shes our telecoms architect so technically she should be telling me to sort it or delegate to ma team of beyatches in asiapac :)

Have a feeling she will go A1 all excited to drive the merc here first proper trip...bless :)
We love what we do and are passionate about it, if that means we're nerds then so be it!! 😄

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Spent the day working on the merc n old mans lexus hybrid the lexus has been thru hedges n all sorts utter mess.

Scratch 2.0 poorboys black n autoglym red has recovered most of the scratches (90%)

Merc had ag red n gold seal

Yep thats my mrs playing broom broom while i graft.lol

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Spent the day working on the merc n old mans lexus hybrid the lexus has been thru hedges n all sorts utter mess.

Scratch 2.0 poorboys black n autoglym red has recovered most of the scratches (90%)

View attachment 320637

View attachment 320638

Merc had ag red n gold seal

View attachment 320639

View attachment 320640

Yep thats my mrs playing broom broom while i graft.lol
Looking good bud! Now that's a job well done 👍
Gotta love it when you're finished and take a step back to admire the hours of work 😄 The Merc looks like it has really solid paint, none of that fragile thin Honda paint! I've seen 30 year old Mercs with original paint that still looked new. Impressive stuff.

You shouldn't have shown me this! now I need a detailing bag like yours 🤣 up until now I've just carried everything I needed from the garage to the driveway like a simpleton!

Off to hunt for one! 😆

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Looking good bud! Now that's a job well done 👍
Gotta love it when you're finished and take a step back to admire the hours of work 😄 The Merc looks like it has really solid paint, none of that fragile thin Honda paint! I've seen 30 year old Mercs with original paint that still looked new. Impressive stuff.

You shouldn't have shown me this! now I need a detailing bag like yours 🤣 up until now I've just carried everything I needed from the garage to the driveway like a simpleton!

Off to hunt for one! 😆
Lol thats an autoglym bag n maguires bag :) the magires was part of a halfrauds set check amazon.

You can alao buy the autoglym ones as a kit n they throw in the bag iirc.

This AG one came with old mans hybrid from dealer with various 500ml bottles despite it having that poopy layer life care tatt applied.
Not anymore ;) i think i have a 90s greenn AG bag somewhere too.
The mag is sabrinas stuff.
Both bags kept in the boots of the cars. 2 sets of grit guard buckets n rinse buckets here n in derby. You have to think portable between 2 homes lol

The lexus only had passenger side done for scratches (tookfrom 2pm to 6pm) got driverside to do with scratch 2.0 then pb black then AG red that side to match yesterdays. Roof needs done claybarred covered in sap.

Think im done hand buffing on anything but betty. Gonna order their DA polisher (i was seriously breating out my erse yesterday) ill use it on betty also just in addition to the hand detailing of the bits n bobs. Been carrying a touch of rsi in my right side this year with work, flared up today right hand is sore, suspect is all the scratch 2.0 work.

The merc paint is thick proper old school job. Laquer layer is also first rate tbvh. The scratch 2.0 was amazing on the merc tbh usual fine cat claw scrapes gone with a slight rub. (alfie her cat LOVEs to lie on our car bonnets) thankfully my cat is a housecat lol

Leather has been freed of the last owners wifes foundation on the usual touch points just the passenger bolster to restore left to do, rest all deep cleaned, depolished, restored where needed and leather balm applied. Mmmm smells merc lush when the leathers been "fed"

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Awesome! So I just ordered this! 😄 👍 No more carrying like 10 different bottles back and forth from the garage to the driveway!

And I'm surprised you haven't already gone and purchased a DA polisher! Doing a car by hand is quite the workout! I did the hard to reach areas by hand where the polisher wouldn't work, like the wing, bumpers, side mirrors etc...and that was enough for me 😆

I see the attraction though doing it by hand, that's commitment bud. By the looks of it you just the Merc the cleaning of it's lifetime, inside and out! 😄
What size polisher are you thinking of getting? I initially had a 6" which covered panels quickly but couldn't get into tight spaces and now Im using a 4". Takes a lot longer but I'm more accurate and can cover areas like the wing and bumpers better.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Awesome! So I just ordered this! 😄 👍 No more carrying like 10 different bottles back and forth from the garage to the driveway!
View attachment 320658

And I'm surprised you haven't already gone and purchased a DA polisher! Doing a car by hand is quite the workout! I did the hard to reach areas by hand where the polisher wouldn't work, like the wing, bumpers, side mirrors etc...and that was enough for me 😆

I see the attraction though doing it by hand, that's commitment bud. By the looks of it you just the Merc the cleaning of it's lifetime, inside and out! 😄
What size polisher are you thinking of getting? I initially had a 6" which covered panels quickly but couldn't get into tight spaces and now Im using a 4". Takes a lot longer but I'm more accurate and can cover areas like the wing and bumpers better.
We looking at maguires DA one 6" i think. Ive always hand polished all my pics are by hand. At my age and my job choice its about the only aerobic and cardiac excercise i get lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,568 Posts
Oooooh £100 to replace front n rear

That’s not bad, for both mine was around £125 to replace.

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
:oops: They're literally just thin pieces of plastic.....they probably cost a few quid at most to make!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
:oops: They're literally just thin pieces of plastic.....they probably cost a few quid at most to make!
Sabrinas already said you spank that on twatty badges n im for it lol

She has a point my front rubber is near done. Cant decide if i bag 2 michie 4s n stick on rear n moverear contis to front as they have 5mm tread left easy, and change in the spring to michies on front.

Or just bin and spank 600 on 4 michies

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Sabrinas already said you spank that on twatty badges n im for it lol

She has a point my front rubber is near done. Cant decide if i bag 2 michie 4s n stick on rear n moverear contis to front as they have 5mm tread leaft easy

Or just bin and spank 600 on 4 michies
🤣 🤣 🤣
I'd go with 4 michies mate!

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Ffs knew youd say that haha im leaning that way but keep getting voice in my head with thats ANOTHER 600 in car...lol stupid as its rubber.
😆 But then again I ended up cancelling my order for them when I found a whole set of FK8 wheels and tyres with only 3,400miles on them for £500. Now I'm just going to sell my old set and even if I get £400 for them it's only £100 for 4 tyres! Beats paying £1000!

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Pretty sure I was lucky with that find though, everywhere else I've looked they are going for much more. But that could always be an option? Might save a few quid and get nearly new tyres mate

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Pretty sure I was lucky with that find though, everywhere else I've looked they are going for much more. But that could always be an option? Might save a few quid and get nearly new tyres mate
And i could refurb my others to ceramic champ white :D ooooh summer n winter wheels :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Check the alloy refurb thread of mine couple of the guys kindly put up pics of a white 10g R with white rims.

Bronze is also a contender atm.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts