2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Sod it. Just sold my mined etheruem, with the market atm its £460 towards the michies :D should be in my acc in next 48hours.

Cost me about £50 ofelectric n wear on my games rig for 2 month but so worth it :)

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Did over 100 miles today in the rain & mud. Car was washed yesterday and rainx topped up. I'm in love with this stuff. Look how clean and dirt free the lower half of the car is! (And I drove through loads of muddy puddles!)
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
That sounds like a plan, oooooh it would be soooo good with white alloys👍👍
yer but tbh im out of pennies to do it atm, and the years drawing close, might wait till feb around my 50th and do it then, proper with new michies, might just chuck on another paid of contis till then.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was driving home today when I saw a shocking hi-vis yellow VW Transporter with a registration number very similar to yours. I managed to spot M999ND* and didn't catch the last letter.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,568 Posts
yer but tbh im out of pennies to do it atm, and the years drawing close, might wait till feb around my 50th and do it then, proper with new michies, might just chuck on another paid of contis till then.
Yeah, I’m on around 4mm a tyre, I will be looking at around £600 for all four corners, not cheap by any means, the price for having 19’s. Good job we are busy at work for the next 2 months overtime for tyres 🙁

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Yeah, I’m on around 4mm a tyre, I will be looking at around £600 for all four corners, not cheap by any means, the price for having 19’s. Good job we are busy at work for the next 2 months overtime for tyres 🙁
gah my fronts are about 2mm i can see the bar approaching :( might just bag 2 contis to do over winter, amount of mile si do ill be needing a new set by march, hopefully bag another set of recoverable rims by then.

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
gah my fronts are about 2mm i can see the bar approaching :( might just bag 2 contis to do over winter, amount of mile si do ill be needing a new set by march, hopefully bag another set of recoverable rims by then.
Let's just say I'm glad I've got the new tyres on....look what mine where like before 🤣
Automotive tire Tread Grey Wood Synthetic rubber

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Grey

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Let's just say I'm glad I've got the new tyres on....look what mine where like before 🤣
View attachment 320813
View attachment 320814
eeew they are spent huh, mine are still tidy tbh, ive done near 10k on them since i got Betty.

Can get the contis for 340 fitted for a pair of the XLs. full tpms n valves, rebalance etc

could always do michie pro sport 4s when i do the rims, or another set if i go that way, got a good end of year bonus inbound this year and might sell more of my mined Ethereum :p

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
eeew they are spent huh, mine are still tidy tbh, ive done near 10k on them since i got Betty.

Can get the contis for 340 fitted for a pair of the XLs. full tpms n valves, rebalance etc

could always do michie pro sport 4s when i do the rims, or another set if i go that way, got a good end of year bonus inbound this year and might sell more of my mined Ethereum :p
The things we do for our cars 😆
I bought some Bitcoin a few years back, saving it for a rainy day although it is tempting not to just sell it all and spoil myself....but I must exercise discipline! 😆

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,568 Posts
View attachment 320813
View attachment 320814
Yes mine are going the same way, just not as badly cracked as your pic, I think I will get to January early feb and replace. I know I found that one of my rears has had a repair at some point, so will be easy driving from now. That’s one thing I don’t like doing and that is a puncture repair. I like a spirited drive now and again and want to know my tyres are in tip top shape.

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Yes mine are going the same way, just not as badly cracked as your pic, I think I will get to January early feb and replace. I know I found that one of my rears has had a repair at some point, so will be easy driving from now. That’s one thing I don’t like doing and that is a puncture repair. I like a spirited drive now and again and want to know my tyres are in tip top shape.
Agree with you 100%. Nothing can zap out your confidence on a fun spirited drive like worn out tyres can. Mine would spin in 1st to 4th gear in the rain, absolutely zero traction and it was rather terrifying if I'm honest. The newer tyres have heaps of tread left and it's solved the traction issues for the most part.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
The things we do for our cars 😆
I bought some Bitcoin a few years back, saving it for a rainy day although it is tempting not to just sell it all and spoil myself....but I must exercise discipline! 😆
tbh i made mine mining as an experiment at start of year with Cudo miner, now worth £460, will lose 1% cashing it in but hey ho, only cost me a bit of electric.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 · (Edited)
half tempted just to order 2 of these for now, but ill give steve at tyrecity a chance to match//beat if i dont go 4 michies atm, thing is at least 4-5mm of tread left on the rears. :)

Continental Sport Contact 6 235/35 R19 Y tyres | Blackcircles.com | ID - 34210914

oh and bloody typical, thunderstorms and rain since waxing betty, course it was shoulda known :) and Moss (our collie) decided to cartwheel in a pothole today and cut his leg, currently looking pretty miffed with a trumpet on him and stiches at the Vets (£176 lighter), lol shouldnt laugh poor lad but ner ner thats what ye get john rambo!
Try playing frisbe with that on ye gowk, agility dog my rear end :p

we have to keep him calm and not jumping around for 7 days to let stiches heal, otherwise its general and proper stitches if he bursts them...ok we know what's coming then....:LOL:

Hes a border collie, they have 2 modes FFS,. SLEEP and Ball, ball, you want ball, no, ok ill take ball, ball you want ball...no...ok frisbee frisbee frisbee....no,..... ok ill take it....mum
rinse and repeat Ball, ball, you want ball, no, ok ill take ball, ball you want ball...no...ok frisbee frisbee frisbee....no,..... ok ill take it....dad?
rinse and repeat till bedtime, im usually awoken by a glow in the dark ball covered in dog slobber on my chest on the duvet as i wake.

7 DAYS A WEEK. :ROFLMAO:

outside if we dont play ball or frisbee, he takes them to random strangers in the park expecting them to play. Most dog owners do to be fair, he also thinks everyone is his mate if human lol (as well as know the rules to ball or frisbee, yip his rules).

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
tbh i made mine mining as an experiment at start of year with Cudo miner, now worth £460, will lose 1% cashing it in but hey ho, only cost me a bit of electric.
That's actually not bad at all! I've been wanting to mine for some years now but haven't gotten round to trying it out yet. Im pretty sure I'd obsess over it too much, I'm already checking Bitcoin values several times a day 😆
Do you use a dedicated rig to mine or just your PC mate?

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
half tempted just to order 2 of these for now, but ill give steve at tyrecity a chance to match//beat if i dont go 4 michies atm, thing is at least 4-5mm of tread left on the rears. :)

Continental Sport Contact 6 235/35 R19 Y tyres | Blackcircles.com | ID - 34210914

oh and bloody typical, thunderstorms and rain since waxing betty, course it was shoulda known :) and Moss (our collie) decided to cartwheel in a pothole today and cut his leg, currently looking pretty miffed with a trumpet on him, lol shouldnt laugh poor lad but ner ner thats what ye get john rambo!
Good tyres those are, I know the fk8 came with the contis, did the fk2 also come with them? My old tyres where pirelli p-zeros, now it's back to the contis again

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 · (Edited)
That's actually not bad at all! I've been wanting to mine for some years now but haven't gotten round to trying it out yet. Im pretty sure I'd obsess over it too much, I'm already checking Bitcoin values several times a day 😆
Do you use a dedicated rig to mine or just your PC mate?
just my games PC bud, cpu mining aint worth the electric use, but a 1080ti GPU can still make a few £ a day worth of eth, as long as you throttle your power use etc. 0.16eth (£460 value now) was about £60 worth of electric running games pc and GPU full whack for almost 3 months. so my "gas" money plus wear and tear on my 6 year old GPU. its still rocking games btw, i just don't wanna nuke the old girl and be stuck with diddly do dah to game with :p

anything older spec than a 1080ti (1660tis and 2060s 3060s make superb mining cards), hasrate v power draw is whats important. Anything too high draw or low spec isn't really cost effective revenue now tbh. you can mine ether coins but i stuck to Ethereum as i have Nvidia hardware and easier to shift/mine than bitcoin. power draw can be trimmed and monitored in realtime using 3rd party tools for the GPU (afterburner et al), i always aim to under 200W total system power draw (175W GPU draw 25W system draw), monitored by a smart plug at PSU level, a modern ATX psu only draws what it needs.

i had a 3080GTX on back order which i cancelled as the newer GPUS have low hash rate limits these days so while it would have rocked for gaming i also wanted to use it for mining with my 1080ti in a 2nd rig in a cluster. We had a cluster running at sabrinas place, i was going to do same.

just gonan sell the rog mobo and old i7 i have lying about instead, GPUs are like sparkly wheel nuts for Hondas atm. dont see the GPU market picking up any time soon either, hoping Intels latest foray is as claimed 3070 level of hardware, next gen ill bite, or wait for 40x series NV now.

i replaced my old i7 2600k and rog Z-270 mobo after 6 years lol, kept all my bits and bought an 11th gen i7 11900 k series and clocked it to up to 5.3Ghz on all 8 cores/16 threads. thanks to the 280mm radiator and dual 140mm fans it runs about 5C above stock temps. :)
Cos its on a ROG Z590 mobo i can clock it to I9 equivalent but the i7k series cost me £135 less for the CPU ;) mobo was as much as the CPU, £369 Strix gaming G

huge Asus ROG fan for boards gpus etc.
Intel die hard (its my trade)
EVGA GPUs
EVGA psus
Samsung SSDs, nothing else.
Corsair RAM (Micron)
BeQuiet liquid cooling/case/fans
huge Razer fan and user.
Philips hue room lighting sync to PC. (racing games on a 55" with the lightbars in sync and entire desk is quite cool :) as well as all roof lights.

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
just my game sPC, cpu mining aint worth the electric use, but a 1080ti GPU can still make a few £ a day worth of eth, as long as you throttle your power use etc. 0.16eth (£460 value now) was about £60 worth of electric running game spc and GPU full whack for almost 3 months. so my "gas" money plus wear and tear on my 6 year old GPU. its still rocking games btw, i just dont wanna nuke the old girl and be stuck with diddly do dah to game with :p

anything lower spec than a 1080ti aint really cost effective revenue now tbh. you can mine ether coins but i stuck to ethereum as i have Nvidia hardware.

i had a 3080GTX on back order which i cancelled as the newer GPUS have low hash rate limits these days so while i would have rocked for gaming i wanted to use it for mining with my 1080ti in a 2nd rig.

just gonan sell the rog mobo and old i7 i have lying about instead, GPUs are like sparkly wheel nuts for Hondas atm. dont see the GPU market picking up any time soon either, hoping Intels latest foray is as claimed 3070 level of hardware, next gen ill bite, or wait for 40x series NV now.
I remember when the 1080 came out I would fantasize about owning one 🤣 it still packs a punch and it's no slouch. I bought an MSI GS65-8RF couple of years ago and it has a 1070 Max-Q with an i7-8750h, 32 gigs of ram and a 144hz display. Still plays all my games at max settings and always above 60fps, sometimes well over 120fps. Couldn't ask for more really from a laptop that's a few years old now but I suspect it wouldn't do great if I tried mining with it 😄
Which reminds me, we need to have a go on Assetto Corsa or one of the other games we both share 😀

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
I remember when the 1080 came out I would fantasize about owning one 🤣 it still packs a punch and it's no slouch. I bought an MSI GS65-8RF couple of years ago and it has a 1070 Max-Q with an i7-8750h, 32 gigs of ram and a 144hz display. Still plays all my games at max settings and always above 60fps, sometimes well over 120fps. Couldn't ask for more really from a laptop that's a few years old now but I suspect it wouldn't do great if I tried mining with it 😄
Which reminds me, we need to have a go on Assetto Corsa or one of the other games we both share 😀
have a look at Cudominer, probs easiest to set up first. even if just for a play around, its free.
you may have to add an exception to Ms defender if your using W10s default Av, but totally trustworthy and signed.

i have the console installed on my phone. don't have mining client installed this build yet,

hit me up if you need any pointers and how to trim your power use.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts