2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Not to long ago i thought of changing my Brakes, but it was a bit costly so i didnt.

Well, i might be ready to do it know. So... Witch of these 3 Kits would you go for??

Or if any of you guys already have one intalled, reviews please....

AP Racing, Rotora or StopTech?? All are 330mm 4 Pot!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
AP is the only brand of those 3 i would use, trusted history of quality from my fast ford days!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hi guys,

Not to long ago i thought of changing my Brakes, but it was a bit costly so i didnt.

Well, i might be ready to do it know. So... Witch of these 3 Kits would you go for??

Or if any of you guys already have one intalled, reviews please....

AP Racing, Rotora or StopTech?? All are 330mm 4 Pot!!
How much are each of these??

I was also reading about a new BBK (I think from Tarox) in last months Banzai or Jap Perf Cars Mag that sounded very good and would come in at about £1,200.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
i would love to get the Ap one..

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I really cant see the point unless your a track day fiend

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really cant see the point unless your a track day fiend
Well, the OEM brake are probably the worse thing about the car, and i do Track days aswell, so....

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
AP would be my choice, but only as they are the only ones I've heard of, and 99% of reports have been positive.

Tom

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a question, Would fit OEM FN2 front brakes kit on rear?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'd go with Tarox 6 Pots, they are £1495.
You would install Tarox 6 pots on rear? You know answer my question?

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leave the rear brakes alone. Buy some Ferodo DS2500 pads and leave them like that!

And for the front, dont get Tarox!! Get either AP Racing or StopTech, Tarox are not even close to being in the same league!!!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I see what your asking, it may be possible to move the OEM front set to the rear and then upgrade the front, a few hours with some tools may be needed but i would hazzard a guess its too much effort.

As you have a FN2 and in the absence of anyone else having tried, have a play but i would think even if the disc fitted then some sort of caliper mount would be needed and thats a little bit more engineering for 1 off specials :cool:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've bought already Tarox 330mm 10-pots F2000 Brake Discs and I think it was good choice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
A cheaper solution would be Brambo 4 pot calipers with 300mm discs used by Integra Type R DC5. I found this kit in good condition and price.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
A cheaper solution would be Brambo 4 pot calipers with 300mm discs used by Integra Type R DC5. I found this kit in good condition and price.
Indeed, but I choose 10 pots Tarox :p!

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
10 POT?
What?
4 pot is enough on a civic..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
10 POT?
What?
4 pot is enough on a civic..
Perhaps is enough, but not for me ... Could you imagine what difference is between 4pots and 10 pots? Probably BIG!

Cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also found at Brembo calipers with 6 pots. Tarox made in Taiwan can not be compared with famous company Brembo.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts