2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
This explains the misalignment I had fitting my Meister R coilovers.
When fitting the right rear damper I had fitted the top end and offered up the swing arm but the lower bolt would no way go through. The hole is angled about 3 degrees from horizontal.
This was not an issue fitting dampers with soft rubber bushes but the Meister's have stiff poly bushes. In the end I had to release the top, then bolt the bottom. This meant that I had to apply quite a lot of force on the top end to get it to fit into the top of the wheel arch.
This doesn't seem right to me as there is a lot lateral force on the damper stem that it is not designed to take.

Looking at this I'm not sure what to do as at first I thought it was the damper at fault. Somehow the strain needs to be released by realigning the bottom hole. If I just elongate the respective side of the holes it will cause flex under heavy use so will have weld the opposite to compensate.
Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Very interesting and probably explains why the ride is so crashy in the 8g. The shock absorber can't travel freely or as it was designed to due to the lateral pressure... The factory are basically forcing them to fit due to a design fault. Honda must know this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts