2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to fit the xenon washer bottle tank to a normal Civic? It is so annoying having to fill up the washers so often as I have to use it allot this time of year traveling up and down the motorway.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I don't see why it would be an issue... unless there is extra gubbins in the way when the smaller bottle is installed

·
Administrator
17,932 Posts
Would be a very practical mod.

Grab a cheap tank from a breakers and pop your bumper off.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see why it would be an issue... unless there is extra gubbins in the way when the smaller bottle is installed
Would be a very practical mod.

Grab a cheap tank from a breakers and pop your bumper off.
I may try it, only thing that may be an issue is the pump unless its the same I dont know.

·
Administrator
17,932 Posts
I guess the pump wiring may need extending.

The bigger tank will have a 2nd pump for the headlamp washers. Plug it if not being used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
... It is so annoying having to fill up the washers so often as I have to use it allot this time of year traveling up and down the motorway.
I burn through screen-wash like there is no tomorrow on my EX due to the headlight washers so I know your pain :laugh2: but If the bigger bottle fits your motor, it'd be a great wee mod.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I didn't realise the ex had a bigger tank. How do you activate the headlight washers... is it every 10th windscreen wash or do you just hold it

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I didn't realise the ex had a bigger tank. How do you activate the headlight washers... is it every 10th windscreen wash or do you just hold it
When washing windscreen turn headlights on and headlight washers will be activated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts