2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Wife and I have a 10th Gen Sportline. Wife is picking up her new bike on Thursday.

For those with Bikes how do you transport them? Bike rack or in the boot? If it’s the latter how do you manage for space? Front wheel off?

From what I’ve read bike racks which attach to the boot are not recommended by Honda due to the outer plastic boot trim. There seems to be a few tow hook compatible racks but I’m not sure Honda supply and fit tow bars to the 10th Gen?

Roof racks are a no go because the wife is tiny and weak lol.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Depends on the size of the bike :p

I was looking to fit a large step-through (Amsterdam style bike) with all the trimmings, and whilst I didn't need to in the end, looking at it from the outside it should've been possible to just about squeeze in.

To make it easier, if it's a bike with a quick release front wheel I'd probably take it off.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I travel with mine in the back which works well even with 2 bikes in there loads of room. I do have Thule roof bars with Thule racks which work fine but the bikes I own are expensive and all built by myself so are tempting targets for theiving scum hence placing them in the back.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I travel with mine in the back which works well even with 2 bikes in there loads of room. I do have Thule roof bars with Thule racks which work fine but the bikes I own are expensive and all built by myself so are tempting targets for theiving scum hence placing them in the back.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Do you remove the front wheel to get them in? What size frame are they?

The wife’s will only be 16” so not massive.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Do you remove the front wheel to get them in? What size frame are they?

The wife’s will only be 16” so not massive.
Can get 2 medium MTB with 26 inch wheel (still on 26 as I refuse to go 29 or 720B, old school all the way for me), take front wheels off but dont need too just my choice. Also had 2 road bikes in there again with front wheels off through choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts