2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought the b14 coilover kit and the kit is knocking at rear has been back to the manufacturer and they are not willing supply me another. They are claiming the damper has been tightened to much, which is completely not true as this was tightened using an allen key. Apparently it was tested on the dyno and come back as no fault.

If your looking for a coilover kit avoid this kit, the quality of the rear dampers are awful, I find it unbelievable that a company of this reputation will not replace the rear damper. Will never buy from bilstein again. Just though I would mention if your looking to change your dampers don't buy these.

If anyone is also having a problem with these please get in contact as this could be a common issue.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Wow that's a shame. Out of interest what was the ride like with these coilovers?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Surely if a shop supplied and fitted these they are your point of contact and your issue is with them. i.e. they supplied a defective product.

Even if another company supplied them someone has to take the fall for it. I would give your local citizens advice a call and see where you stand under the sales of goods act.

Everything sold has to be designed to last as is reasonably practical and a few weeks is not that

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I've had these fitted though abp and not had any issues the cars been on track aswell. That is poor customer service but if I had any issues abp would be my first port of call.

As for handling, comfort I can't fault them.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Not a fan of posts like this, if the OP has such a problem then at least monitor and reply to responses in a timely manner(like it was a major issue to the OP).. 18.57 the fuse lit.. 20.50 and no reply to anyone :confused:

People here try and offer advice to help!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure about the torque settings I'm not sure they did. I got these fitted at 8 speed and he has bent over backwards to help me out, has messed around for hours taking them off and swapping them around. Abp have also helped but said they have had nobody else who had this problem. Really not sure what to do next with these now, going to speak with the sales manager tomorrow.

Very disappointed from which is ment to be a well established manufacture of suspension components. The other rear shock which appears to be ok has a plastic mark from the cover has rubbed on rear shock but no noise from that side.

The ride quality is good, feels much more planted than oem and drives very Well it can bottom out over the odd harsh bump but these are coilovers after all.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a fan of posts like this, if the OP has such a problem then at least monitor and reply to responses in a timely manner(like it was a major issue to the OP).. 18.57 the fuse lit.. 20.50 and no reply to anyone :confused:

Sorry fella had a major busy day work and fell asleep on the sofa.

Abp have helped all they can with regards this also even though they didn't send them back.

They have been on the dyno at bilstein and apparently no fault found. So how come over tightening a damper cause such major damage I do not know. The poor customer service is coming from bilstein and not anyone else.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good news regarding these, spoke to the sales director and he had agreed to replace these :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great news Dave. Glad you are getting looked after.:)
Thanks mate, finally will get a good idea of how these perform on all 4 wheels instead of 3 ha. Will probably put a review on here, would like to do a comparison against other coilover kits for ride quality ect.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Thanks mate, finally will get a good idea of how these perform on all 4 wheels instead of 3 ha. Will probably put a review on here, would like to do a comparison against other coilover kits for ride quality ect.
Result. Looking forward to the review.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Good news regarding these, spoke to the sales director and he had agreed to replace these :)
Not surprised, as you'd have had him bang to rights under the Sales of Goods Act otherwise!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts

Busy, at work, dealing with an emergency ?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts