2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Contradicting yourself?

If I can fit an intake (bumper off job), exhaust and suspension kit to my FD2 on my own on my driveway i'm sure you can remove a rear damper without a ramp.

Why not take a drive to ABP and have them look at it?
Don't have the tools to do it or I would have a look. I'm not driving all the way to Cheshire for them to say send it back to Bilstein it's pointless. Plus I'm sure there will be cost incured to this. If abp worked out a fix for people with this problem I would be happy with the kit as it's only the irritating noise which is the issue.

I feel like ****ing doing it
Stoney, i know you didn't sell me this thai bride, but as you are a shifty looking character i feel i should come to you to resolve an issue i'm having. I caught her in the shower and well, ive been sold a dud...its a he.

Contact 8speed, your issue is with him not ABP. His issue is with ABP and their issue is with bilstein.

Should of bought buddyclub RSD ;)

Stoney, i know you didn't sell me this thai bride, but as you are a shifty looking character i feel i should come to you to resolve an issue i'm having. I caught her in the shower and well, ive been sold a dud...its a he.

Contact 8speed, your issue is with him not ABP. His issue is with ABP and their issue is with bilstein

Should of bought buddyclub RSD ;)
Sums it up as per numerous previous comments

Reactions: modd1uk
Sorry bud, I think you will find they are laughing at you.
You are coming across as a tool, the advice you have been given is correct.
Get in touch with eight speed

This

That was said yesterday

Repeatedly

Take the advice and or stop posting and making yourself seem stupid. You handed cash to 8speed, your contract is with them. Who 8speed got them off is their problem.

Because your ignoring the advice of well informed members and that of ABP. You have multiple threads all going round in circles and not even doing what ABP ask to prove a fault.

You have to help yourself sometimes to

Good to see the usual tools on this forum laughing at this, hope oneday you buy something which costs nearly 1k pisses you off on daily basis ha
just had a quick skim through this...
Dave apart from the odd joke, no one is laughing! we've all had problems with cars or parts,

But the info is correct......your complaint is with eightspeed not abp!!

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Can't be bothered with this anymore ive offered my experiences with regards to this kit now and the ball ache you have go through if you have an issue: final verdict buy a kit which a direct fit e.g kw v1 or buddy club rsd's

Can't be bothered with this anymore ive offered my experiences with regards to this kit now and the ball ache you have go through if you have an issue: final verdict buy a kit which a direct fit e.g kw v1 or buddy club rsd's
Yes and we appreciate you giving people a heads up. In return take and accept the advice and take your issue up with 8speed. Nobody likes seeing somebody out of pocket.

Get your money back and buy RSD's, they are on offer atm and its what i shall be purchasing shortly.

Hi Guys,

I just thought it worth while to comment on this thread as my company name is being used quite a bit.

For reference, I only found out that Dave was wanting to return his B14 kit later on this afternoon (around 04.30pm) so this is why I haven't been involved in this particular discussion until now as we have had a lengthy discussion via text message throughout the evening.

I have advised Dave that as we sold him the kit we would take care of liasing between ourselves, ABP and Bilstein as we did previously. I will call Chris tomorrow to discuss this issue as we have dealt with ABP on numerous occassions in the past and we have a good working relationship.

We do have some sort of problem with the nearside rear damper causing noise and I have spent many hours helping Dave to fault find the issue which has involved removing the damper and refitting the original unit (no noise), moving the damper to the other side of the car where the noise travelled albeit less audible and removing and returning the damper to Bilstein. Bilstein advised that it was Eightspeed that were at fault for over tightening the top nut but this is not the case, you tighten the nylock nut and top washer assembly, using a 17mm ratchet ring spanner until it stops against the small tube in the top mount bushing with a small nip to ensure its tightened correctly. I would have had to have swung on the spanner to damage the tube in this way which nigh-on impossible when you can only tighted on quarter of a turn at a time while holding a 5mm allen key in the top of the damper. I am confident I would have stripped the allen key hole before crusing the tune and circlip assembly.

Bilstein kindly replaced the damper and I re-installed it and even made Dave watch as I nipped the nylock up! After a short drive with me in the boot (again) over varying road surfaces including cobbles I was satisfied that the noise was gone and the problem solved but, the noise has since manifested itself again and this is where we are now.

I will call Chris tomorrow and we can see what can/cannot be done about this issue.

I would happily invite any mechanical engineer to inspect the work I have done on Dave's car should this be necessary.

Regards,
Stevie

Dave

As I said in a previous PM or in one of your other threads on this matter the only thing you need to consider is that if your car has developed a noise as a consequence of uprating your rear suspension you should be prepared for the potential of the same noise if you decide to fit an alternative like KW etc.

One final time - the rear suspension on all FN chassis Civics are pretty identical and the only difference on the rear shocks between the various models is the internal damping and pressure. All cars use the same rear beam, the same spring seats, the same brake lines, and in most cases the same uprated parts like roll bar kits etc. ABP make NO modifications to the rear parts of the Bilstein kit whatsoever as none are necessary.

Chris

A very civilised response Stevie, welcome to the forum :)

TBH I think it's unfortunate that this has become so public. These odd problems crop up once in a while and usually just require a bit of patience.

both companies have stated there case...

lets leave it there and hope the customer gets a satisfactory conclusion!

Reactions: Dave84 and Revs FN2
As Stevie has clearly said we have a very healthy working relationship and have done so for many years dating back to Stevie being an ABP customer!

I will await a call from Stevie tomorrow but both of us are aware of the terms of Bilsteins warranty which is to inspect and then repair or replace any items found to be at fault. At this point one of the rear shockers is under suspicion which has already been replaced once before.

Stevie and Eight speed are not under any spotlight or blame and this situation has been blown out of proportion by the unrealistic demands of the original purchaser demanding a refund from ABP whom he did not purchase the kit from.

Goodnight all

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.