2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting Bilstein shocks on my pre facelift Mk9 to compliment the Eibach springs. Anyone know the best place to get them? Have only found Larkspeed so far.

thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Try Autodoc or buycarparts. Used both in the past all was good. Autodoc if used via phone app does give a better discount than via browser on laptop.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Try Autodoc or buycarparts. Used both in the past all was good. Autodoc if used via phone app does give a better discount than via browser on laptop.
eBay is decent at times

·
i-Vtec
4,281 Posts
I bought my rears from Autodoc and my fronts from Larkspeed. Larkspeed dont stock them, they come direct from Bilstein UK. Was quicker than Autodoc, and didnt think they were much more expensive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Never heard of Autodoc before but they have a lot of stuff. But their struts are currently more expensive than Larkspeed. They have an adjustable suspension kit from Metzger who I have never heard of. Any thoughts? By the time you buy the struts it’s only a couple hundred more. If I didn’t already have Eibach springs I would be tempted as the back doesn’t lower far enough to eliminate the arch gap which I hate. Also their tyres were way more than Black Circles. My fronts are getting low and they had Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s which I already have on there, fitted for just over £83 each on a deal which has gone now sadly. Wish I had done it even it they weren’t yet on the limit.
Will get the Bilsteins I think when everything settles down and do the tyres and tracking and be good to go for a few years yet.
Cheers again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Their websites and prices are identical, are they the same company really? The website gives you 24% discount and the app 26%.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
yes they are same company
I sent a parcel back to them in Feb - it’s currently somewhere in the Netherlands... i find it amusing now more than annoying

Reactions: scaramanga

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
you also need to consider which spec you buy there are different specs from direct replacement slightly up rated or performance
is it b1 b3 or b4
euro car parts list them but it dont say which spec if you time it right and there on there big discount code weekends you could get them cheap
also try amazon

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
I sent a parcel back to them in Feb - it’s currently somewhere in the Netherlands... i find it amusing now more than annoying
i returned some parts a few years back that were wrong (didnt fit my 8g ) it took 6 months to get refund
no covid or brexit to blame then ive had my 9g over 3 years now

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
i returned some parts a few years back that were wrong (didnt fit my 8g ) it took 6 months to get refund
no covid or brexit to blame then ive had my 9g over 3 years now
You are sh*tting me, 6 months??? Could be years then... I’d be quicker visiting AD HQ myself :D

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Their websites and prices are identical, are they the same company really? The website gives you 24% discount and the app 26%.
I think so. Usually after low twenty's discount goes back to mid thirties. I tend to check them daily and discount seems to go up and down. Best I've seen was 40% for everything and 50% for brakes. Orders over £140 had free delivery to uk, but thats was before 1st of January not sure now.

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
You are sh*tting me, 6 months??? Could be years then... I’d be quicker visiting AD HQ myself :D
no joke was just under 6 months
2 months for to be offered refund then the other 4 arguing over credit or refund
i told them i had no intention to use them again after how hard it was to return parts they sent wrong
the thing is if they had refunded straight away i would have took credit as id used them a few times
before and was always happy with them
lesson is dont mess your regular customers about
now i almost always buy local as i get incredible discount from a place a mate works

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
no joke was just under 6 months
2 months for to be offered refund then the other 4 arguing over credit or refund
i told them i had no intention to use them again after how hard it was to return parts they sent wrong
the thing is if they had refunded straight away i would have took credit as id used them a few times
before and was always happy with them
lesson is dont mess your regular customers about
now i almost always buy local as i get incredible discount from a place a mate works
Yes I’m slowly learning this - I’ll probably use them for brake consumables again but not parts as such. As you say local is the best option, or at least in the UK even if it might be dearer. I have spent a fair whack with them and thought they would honour paying for my postage, but no - same robotic response. I don’t know why they don’t set up a distribution centre in the UK, but there must be a reason.

Anyway I’ll boring you all to tears with my AD moaning so I won’t mention it again :D

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
sachs are standard fit
don't mean they are same when bought aftermarket
but the standard sachs are not the best are they especially on 8g
9g is more refined ride comfort

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
only just seen this thread- my Bilsteins i bought from a supplier in germany, can't remember the name but they were via ebay. just find out the part number you need then search that up google/ebay etc to get the best price.

just thinking out loud - might be not so good now from germany with brexit etc. mine are b8 (front of my 9g) the partnumbers etc wil be in my build thread (link in sig)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
only just seen this thread- my Bilsteins i bought from a supplier in germany, can't remember the name but they were via ebay. just find out the part number you need then search that up google/ebay etc to get the best price.

just thinking out loud - might be not so good now from germany with brexit etc. mine are b8 (front of my 9g) the partnumbers etc wil be in my build thread (link in sig)
Thanks for the update, I will check it out. I think the B6s are the ones I am going for so I need to make sure I get the right ones as I think they do OEM ones too and I want something updated.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Thanks for the update, I will check it out. I think the B6s are the ones I am going for so I need to make sure I get the right ones as I think they do OEM ones too and I want something updated.
B6 is a firmer damper than stock but designed for stock height cars / standard springs. B8 is also a sporty damper but designed for a car that has been lowered, e.g. eibachs. so is a shorter damper.

What's the difference between Bilstein B6 and Bilstein B8? - Bilstein-Shocks.co.uk (bilstein-shocks.co.uk)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts