2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum but have been reading through the topics with great interest. My kids think I have gone mad as i'm trading in the C-Max and have put down a deposit on a Milano GT with 19" and Sat Nav. As I see it I hit the big half century in March and have decided that its now or never! I must admit I am not sure i've done the right thing and I'm worried I might look a bit of a prat at my age. Still, too late now!!!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Chris; you're still a youngster comparing to many of us on here. We're all youngsters where the Civic is concerned; it's just that some are younger than others. Enjoy! ;)

Ps: Welcome to our forum.:lollypop:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum but have been reading through the topics with great interest. My kids think I have gone mad as i'm trading in the C-Max and have put down a deposit on a Milano GT with 19" and Sat Nav. As I see it I hit the big half century in March and have decided that its now or never! I must admit I am not sure i've done the right thing and I'm worried I might look a bit of a prat at my age. Still, too late now!!!
You are doing the right thing. Stuff what people think. If you like it who cares what others think, if you don't you can always sell it.

But enjoy it. ;)

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
As long as you are happy with the car who cares what anyone else thinks

My OH reckons I'm stupid for buying the Type R but thats just because she's a cow and drives a heap of crap:D

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Ear Chris,
The big 50 is nothing nowdays, ( just a kid) it's how you feel in yourself that counts.
I have a 71 year old client driving an Aston Martin Vantage.
He loves it and more to the point he knows how to drive it.
Scares the life out of me, when we go on a site visit in it.:cool::cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coming back down from a couple of decades of Galaxy's and the like. There's no need for extra seats as all but one of my three can now drive. They are dead jealous though which is great!!!
The old man's a boy racer at heart.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Hi Chris Welcome.
I`m 67 years young and don`t give a s**t what other people think, It`s my second type r and it makes me feel 21, Enjoy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone you have reassured me that I haven't lost it. My eldest is gutted that I can afford such a car and the insurance is only £300 fully comp!:D One of the few perks of getting older.;)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Thanks everyone you have reassured me that I haven't lost it. My eldest is gutted that I can afford such a car and the insurance is only £300 fully comp!:D One of the few perks of getting older.
Yes I'm 37 and my insurance is £313 so there are some advantages. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He can't get insured on our policy 'cos he's only 21 which is a blessing. When he came back from Uni. at Xmas we issured him on the C-Max for a couple of weeks. Result - Dirty seats, no petrol, car covered in mud!! :mad: He's getting the bus from now on.;)

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hi Chris,

Hope you don't have more than 2 kids or you legally cannot get them in cos the CTR is classed only as a 4 seater.

You'll love it mate, well done for deciding to buy Honda :D

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I'm gonna get in my father-in-laws name. He's 84 and drives a '07 Corsa. Seconds throughts, he backed his car into his garage door last week, swore it was open.:shock:
Yes i backed into a big white van parked across my drive:mad:, But my excuse it was dark, and i was drunk. Only kidding.

·
Registered
220 Posts
He can't get insured on our policy 'cos he's only 21 which is a blessing. When he came back from Uni. at Xmas we issured him on the C-Max for a couple of weeks. Result - Dirty seats, no petrol, car covered in mud!! :mad: He's getting the bus from now on.;)
I have an 18 year old son, love him to bits ;) but I wouldn't let him clean my car let alone drive it.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
The comfort will surprise you.

Chris.
Just a bit older than you and I have to add, like many others, this car really does put the pleasure and fun back into driving.
Even the traffic problems do not cause me anywhere near as much stress as they used to.
My four all grown up and so I thought why not.
No regrets whatsoever. I do not do a huge amount of mileage so 25-30mpg for me, is acceptable.
Might arrange a meet up. Not far away.
Enjoy it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great to see so many of you 'vets' following your dreams. The ETA is March 15th (dithered too long for the 1st). I drove the Bronze in my test drive (had the 19" wheels!!) after that I just had to have one. I found the seats, err, a bit of a snug fit so I can't start putting on any weight. ;) The rear view wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I reckon it was the salesman asking me to keep to 30 (very hard) that distracted my attention.[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Hi oldmanchris

Good on you for getting a type R!! I'm 3 years older than you and would love one but wanted the practicality of the magic seats (and to shut my OH up)

I have 2 daughters and the youngest (24 in a couple of months) was with me when I had my test drive and wants one herself - there is no way she's driving my civvie - and has to stick to her Corsa. If I did change over it's good to hear insurance not too bad - currently pay £242 fully comp for me and OH.

Think I'm going to have to work on the OH........

1 - 20 of 36 Posts