2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"Kwalitee" foam lance. This was el cheapo version "Karcher's own" with some Meg's Gold Class. No high end snow foam for me ;) This was taken about 30-60 secs after applied, as you can imagine, my car looked like it had been snowed on.

Bit of masking to help protect my plastics

Random high ISO shot of the car, must be either post polish or post glaze as I couldn't apply the glaze when the car was outside due to the sun being out

Waiting for the sealant to dry...

And back home, all finished.... must cut the grass and sort that moss out :D

Obligatory bonnet reflection shot, reduced in size as I look like a gimp with a camera

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
looks great stuff !!! why u put white tape on Is keep away car polish ???

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Great job, the car looks fantastic.
Do you do other peoples car, pleaseeeee [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
:oops: I'm so confused. Didnt wash mine since one month, and I'm going to an automatic car wash :oops: !!!

I know I'm wrong but I'm too lazzie to spend half a day to wash my car (and I didn't have a backyard or a driveway to clean mine)

So could you tell me if it is better to wash with high pressure or automatic brushes ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wouldn't use an automated brush car wash - damages the paintwork too much. It will become very swirly - very obvious in sunny weather.

If you cant do a hand job so to speak a jet wash is the way to go (high presure)!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,272 Posts
Last time I spent a whole afternoon cleaning the car it rained the next day I took it out :(

Wasn't to the standard above though - very nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
nice work .. it´s a pain in the ass to have a black car and try to keep it clean, but I must say, you´ve really managed here :p

·
Premium Member
697 Posts

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
[smilie=geesturbed.:[/quote]

Yeah...

I was always afraid using high pressure things on cars :oops: ... What do I have to look at if I will avoid troubles ?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Too close and you may damage the paintwork with the spray!

Don't forget, driving an NHB Civic can do that too.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Thanks will try next time...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts