2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I fitted a new clutch in my fn2 type r about 700 miles ago and in the last 100 or so I feel that the biting point has gotten significantly higher, it's not slipping at all and theres no smell of clutch. It was an exedy oem replacement from tegiwa, just looking for places to start looking at as I'm a bit stumped, thanks in advance

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi guys, I fitted a new clutch in my fn2 type r about 700 miles ago and in the last 100 or so I feel that the biting point has gotten significantly higher, it's not slipping at all and theres no smell of clutch. It was an exedy oem replacement from tegiwa, just looking for places to start looking at as I'm a bit stumped, thanks in advance
Did you bleed the clutch to see if that adjusts the friction point? Was the throw-out bearing inspected during the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wish my clutch was high, if it's not slipping I wouldn't worry , but give the system a bleed anyway, when I did mine the fluid was folthy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish my clutch was high, if it's not slipping I wouldn't worry , but give the system a bleed anyway, when I did mine the fluid was folthy
At the moment it does look like something unspeakable some fresh dot4 cant hurt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts