No folding mirrors on the R only on RGT
No HFT, only RGT
Sat Nav only available on RGT
No HID headlights on either model
No headlamp washers on either model
No 'Magic Seats' on either model
i-Pod thingy still an extra
Nothing to clean the rear screen!!!!

"They say that the first thing to go when you get old it's your legs or your eyesight. That's wrong, it's parallel parking!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The standard 'R' is only a basic car for going fast. I don't think a Lotus has any of those above, either.

The Type R does have magic seats, I have seen pictures of them in use.

The i-Pod connecter does come with the GT.

Why would you want light washers if you don't have HID lights?

And we get the message, you don't like cars without rear wipers.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The Type R concept is stripped out, raw and exciting. There are many people who are complaining of the dilution of the Type R concept with this car, simply by offering radios and other comforts, let alone the Satnav option.

Honda's words:
Pure The driving experience should not be diluted or interfered with by intrusive driving aids or excessive sound proofing that could detract from the driver’s involvement
To get all the goodies, an EX is in order.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would have thought that leaving out the HID lighting is a mistake.

Surely you'ld want to go fast in the dark as well. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can understand the lack of rear thingy as the R is really designed to go forwards!

"I attribute my long life to the fact that I never touched a cigarette, alcohol or a women 'till I was 12 years old!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Type R concept is stripped out, raw and exciting. There are many people who are complaining of the dilution of the Type R concept with this car, simply by offering radios and other comforts, let alone the Satnav option.

Honda's words:
To get all the goodies, an EX is in order.

You are not diluting the R with those extra bits as they are 'options', even if some mentioned are not even offered.

Don't imagine the BTCC versions will have many play things on them, but it's 'horses for courses' and people always seem to want more in the vehicles nowadays, therefore that's where 'options' come in, you don't have to have them.

"I can lie convincingly about my age 'cos at my age I can't remember what it really is!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
580 Posts
GT Model has:
Ipod Connection
Cruise control
Folding mirrors
curtain airbags
Front foglights
Auto headlights with dusk sensor
Auto rain sensing wipers
Dual zone climate control

All this for only £1000 more ontop of the standard Type R. Bargin!:)

Stupid thing is, the GT dont have lockable glovebox, when the standard does? should'nt it have it on ALL models as standard...

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
You are not diluting the R with those extra bits as they are 'options', even if some mentioned are not even offered.

... people always seem to want more in the vehicles nowadays...
Not necessarily. There is a minority who want their cars stripped of all the superfluous stuff, leaving a car that is a little more hardcore and focused. Some of those people are put off by the R, with it's high weight and numerous "goodies".

For example, in 1993 I bought a brand new, very expensive, Porsche 968 CS, because it had no central locking, no aircon, no rear seats and (er) no rear wiper. It was possibly the best car I've owned - I did 60,000 happy miles in it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
IMO I think this Type R has too many features, coming from a person who has ordered a Type R GT.

I mean Cruise control on a Type R WTF. Not a lot of use on car designed for the track according to all the Honda sales pitch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
GT Model has:
Ipod Connection
Cruise control
Folding mirrors
curtain airbags
Front foglights
Auto headlights with dusk sensor
Auto rain sensing wipers
Dual zone climate control

All this for only £1000 more ontop of the standard Type R. Bargin!:)

Stupid thing is, the GT dont have lockable glovebox, when the standard does? should'nt it have it on ALL models as standard...

The Gt model does not have ipod connection, is another option

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dealer told me it does? and the one in the show room had it aswell.. and it was the GT model...

All of the demostrators have the ipod connector and bassworks speakers fitted. The standard GT does not!

The dealer is talking pap i think the ipod connector is a 225£ option.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
if the dealer says it comes with it then get it in writing, when yoiu find out its not there, you will get a nice freebie:D

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Dealers like to fit accessories to make the car seem as attractive to purchase as possible, someone will buy it thinking the connector is standard.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not necessarily. There is a minority who want their cars stripped of all the superfluous stuff, leaving a car that is a little more hardcore and focused. Some of those people are put off by the R, with it's high weight and numerous "goodies".
But honda are not making a car for the minority - for that they would need a "special edition" - most of us want a quick car that is useable on a daily basis - with all the mod-cons.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IMO I think this Type R has too many features, coming from a person who has ordered a Type R GT.

I mean Cruise control on a Type R WTF. Not a lot of use on car designed for the track according to all the Honda sales pitch.
I think that I have noticed more Type R's on the road than on the track.

Even on the roads you don't go racing everyday!

With the Cruise Control you don't have to use it.

"I must be getting old, I've got more fingers than real teeth!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The cruise control is useful within SPECS speed camera zones - (the ones that calculate average speed over a distance)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts