2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat across car park from black 56 plate, with civinfo sticker at Reading services, westbound.
Chap with a beard and a costa coffee and a smoke.
Really nice condition car

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Think that was me Andy, **56ZBY, Car is on 155k miles and going strong; the paint needs a good mopping as theres a few swirls and marks, but love it to bits;

Just after I cleaned the EGR valve over the weekend I had a MIL light pop up, which was a bit worrying.

My little laptop and OBD indicated Glow Plugs or control unit, and Fahad kindly did a full diagnostic for me that eliminated the Glow Control Unit as a cause, he also did a full health check which gave the old girl a clean bill of health which is immensely gratifying and gives me confidence for our annual trip to Poland in the summer; thinking of getting a stage 1 map and EGR delete from Fahad before I go to have some fun on the autobahns with!

The MIL turned out to be glow plugs and it's going in tomorrow to Johnsons of Slough.

I'm often over Reading way, so next time show your Civinfo sticker and claim a cup of Costa!

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave, i was a few space up in a white fiat ducato van, not my normal mode of transport i must add! i had escaped from the office for a trip to Dunsterable. anyway i must say as i walked past it, both into and out of the sevices, how clean it looked. now knowing it has well over 100k on it tells me its been looked after really well. if it wasn't for the plate i would have put it at a few years newer. glad you got your problem sorted out, was it very costly?. Poland, thats a bit of a drive, i'm taking mine down to the Lot et garonne in france in August for its first long drive. will be getting a late ferry from Dover then drive all the way overnight, ive not done it for 2 years and that was in a 2008 outlander!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Hi Andy,

Replacing the Glow Plugs was 250, inc VAT; I thought of doing them myself using Honda parts but the idea that I could shear a plug taking it out was chilling; at least if it happened at Johnsons they would have the responsibility of fixing it; I've still got the scabs on my knuckles from cleaning the EGR valve :facepalm: all is well now and got a clean bill of health from them too, so quite chuffed now, she also seems quieter on starting fom cold; less clattery which I guess if one or more of the glowplugs was not pulling its weight is understandable....

Last year we covered 2800 miles door to door, stopped in Amsterdam for a night and two days in Berlin, and returned via Leipzig and Brussels!

Regards

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts