2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just spent the day touching up chips and flattening then out however there are to many small chips (point of a pin size) to touch them all up. Normally I polish and wax with tcut 2in1 however this seems to be highlighting white any imperfections.

What polish and wax would you recommend?
I have some dodo juice however it contains zero polish
Thanks
Christian

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
A mine field
The only real way to get rid is either a respray or filling and wet sanding out
I used A Turtle Wax Chipstick on mine and it did help a lot and then applied sealer and waxes over it

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done the filling and sanding down on all the big ones. Now I need either a black or clear polish so when I polish it doesnt highlight the small ones white.

Just not sure which polish to go for. I know turtle wax do a kit black but not sure what it's like

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
99% of the chips have gone now. Ordered some black hole glaze as suggested however I read it has mild abrasives in the formula?
could this be used for removing small scratches?

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Black hole does not contain abrassives in its formula only filling properties. Dont expect too much it can lovely fill some light scratches or swirl marks but not chips.
The only way wet sanding and polishing after touch up

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Use a chip stick let it dry and run a stanly blade over it taking off the excess and then polish and wax works a treat just be careful not to damage the good clear coat

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
thanks for your reply. What is a good polish then? Ideally I would like one which is tinted black so it doesnt highlight the chips?
Dont get confused with colors. All polishing compounds do the same , Remove the upper layer of clear coat and reveal the lower layer witch is undamaged. Black hole as i told you will mask the swirls and very fine stratches but cant mask a chip.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All i want is a polish which doesnt highlight chips white. For example try using TCUT 2 in 1 polish and wax. Any minor mark on the car is highlighted white. White dust and residue is left all over the car also

I then seal using dodo juice and the car looks aweful!

I think either a clear or dark tinted polish would do the trick for me

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Tcut is very heavy compound and probably dulls the paint as it removes more clear coat that needs.
Try a less agressive compound like Gtechniq p1

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I debadged the rear of my car and used t cut to remove some of the last bits of the gunk and remove light scratches like ive done on about 20 different cars and the t cut really messed the paint up even after a good polish it was bad had it machined out have a look at the build thread the image is at the top

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
might as well get one at halfords then. I think i will buy a few different products and test them :)

i like to touch up any chips however the ones i miss i dont want to be highlighted white everytime i polish the car :)

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
might as well get one at halfords then. I think i will buy a few different products and test them :)

i like to touch up any chips however the ones i miss i dont want to be highlighted white everytime i polish the car :)
You only need to polish once or maybe twice a year. Get a touch up stick from the dealers & touch up the chips using a cocktail stick or the head of a pin. Then give it a layer or 2 of your wax/sealant. This won't highlight any missed ones white.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.