2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've decided to wrap my roof but can't decide between plain gloss black, or carbon gloss to match my bonnet.

Just looking for a few people's opinions on what would look best and also the best place to get decent vinyl from.

Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358605517.529392.jpg

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
if the bonnets carbon then do the roof id say :)

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The bonnet is made from Carbon fibre ( not wrapped ) the reason I'm not sure what to do is I'm unsure if the carbon gloss vinyl will match it or look cheap compared to the real thing. Was hopeing someone on here had tried something similar before and save me taking a punt.

Cheers for the comments so far

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I'd go for carbon too.

Btw your car looks sweet in that pic.
Ave you done anything to the headlights? They look really dark in the pic but could just be the angle.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd go for carbon too.

Btw your car looks sweet in that pic.
Ave you done anything to the headlights? They look really dark in the pic but could just be the angle.
Cheers mate. The lights are tinted with spi visionp

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Where would you get gloss carbon wrap? I've been looking and can't find any? Does it look like its been lacquered?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where would you get gloss carbon wrap? I've been looking and can't find any? Does it look like its been lacquered?
Hi mate, I've got a sample on order from flea bay I'll wrap something when it gets here and post a picture. Apparently it looks lacquered just have to wait and see.

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
That would be awesome cheers buddy

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vinyl arrived and I've thrown some on an old iPod to compare although cant get a good picture ( see below 3D carbon on the left gloss carbon on the right)

Oll if you pm me your address ill send you a small sample of both to compare.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358841993.323415.jpg

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Hi ian just got the samples through the post thank you very much. In my opinion the 3D looks better in the flesh as the Gloss looks sort of like a hologram in certain light. maybe the 3D with a clear vinyl over the top will give more of the Lacquered effect

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No worries mate, I was thinking the same going to order a couple of a4 sheets and have a play. Fingers crossed it will work as I don't think the 3d will match real carbon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts