2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was just wondering how to make these black again? I’ve tried black restoring spray but it hasn’t worked. I was thinking more along masking tape and black spray paint?

Ps if the pics don’t upload I’m sorry, I’m using my phone and it’s my first time doing this haha

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
They don't come back black there a mild sheen grey colour don't do what I did and use 'forever black' it flakes off even with all the prep work done . Use c4 think it is

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,621 Posts
there is some trim cleaner you can buy from the autosmart van that goes round garages
if I remember Wednesday when im at my mates ill look on his tin see what its called

·
Super Moderator
2,621 Posts
id say that stuff is similar to the tin my mate has from the sutosmart van
think he paid around £25 for 5 ltr tin that was the only issue smallest tin was 5ltrs
apply with cloth or sponge
always best to use masking tape around the paintwork unless your steady enough
the product does wipe of mainly from paintwork but its lot safer/easier if you don't get it on paintwork

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. I shall have to get some, it’s faded far too much and I want it to look a bit better. I know age is a factor but it’s annoying me haha

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
Try ValetPro "Black to the future".
You might have to do several applications initially to get it black but then just every few months to keep it that way.
The real £££ alternative is to source colour coded parts from the Si or go the whole hog and do a TypeS/R conversion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have thought about a type r conversion but it’s a weird colour mine so it might be hard to get the same colour parts

·
Registered
220 Posts

This stuff, its ace, similar to the Gteckniq stuff

It's not cheap, and you don't get much off it, but it lasts a good 6-8 months after application, and i have managed to do my trim 3 times so far with my last lot, probably enough left to do another treatment yet

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I have thought about a type r conversion but it’s a weird colour mine so it might be hard to get the same colour parts
you could always find black type r / s parts for the conversion

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
That's why I said £££££ you would need to respray the parts unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
2,621 Posts
right sorry guys if your still looking I forgot when I was through the other day but just been tonight to unload a wagon for him

this is the stuff my mate has and is trade supply

it was £25 TO £30 from what I remember
but it works on his vans plastics I think I tried it on my 8g aswell

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I sprayed my 8th gen's trim the same colour as the rest of the car... My trim was pretty faded too but after wiping it down with Benzene (in preparation to spray it) and spraying on the plastic primer, it brought the black trim back to life. So I kept the hexagon pattern black and have the the rest of the trim the same colour as my car. Hopefully you can see in the pictures I upload and decide if you want to give the benzene and plastic primer a chance.
Before.jpg

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I just got mine done at a decent spray painters 8 years ago - they still look mint and what a difference it makes to the look of the car!

·
Registered
812 Posts
What was the process of it if you don't mind me asking ... I've got a type s kit well both S and R kit so some prep work required don't want the plastic getting cracks?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts