2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about spraying my trims and bumpers Satin Black (to match alloys and mirrors) as im wanting to go down a different route rather than the color coding or getting type R/S kit fitted.
Sooooo has anyone done this so I could see how it would look?
I done this to my silver Altezza a while back and really made it stand out and IMO it looked great :D
Cheers
Mick

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just been reading that actually :) I want rid of the plastic texture also that's why I'm thinking about prepping it properly, primer, top cop and laquer so it's got a nice shiny smooth look to it. Hate the look of the trims at minute though so I need to do something soon :(

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had a look at your album it looks good mate ;)Exactly what I'm going for something different. Where's your black kit gone?? We could if just swapped haha

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Satin black would look pretty tasteful IMO mate, go for it!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I have dyed mine and i must say when i give it a good wash and use some good quality back to black type stuff it does look really smart and have thought about having it sprayed black properly...

I originally wanted to put black alloys on too, but in the end decided it might be a little bit too black if all the trim was black and then it had black alloys, not sure though, need someone to photoshop it for me i think! Or even better you do it so i can make my decision :p

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha I'm going to do it tomorrow mate aslong as I can get ahold of the plastic primer etc. I've got black alloys and red calipers already so JUST the trims etc and mirrors to do black...hmmmmmm itll be a busy day :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gonna do it different mate. I'm going to give it a good clean with Scotch brite pad and soapy water, wet sand it with 400 grit followed by 800, Another good clean then 2 primer, 2 top coat and 2 laquer voila!! Definitely going to be a long day lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.