2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never really had much of an interest in cars when I was younger, but now I have been exposed to the marvels portrayed on Civinfo, I have a new addiction...

This is my baby... Her name is Blackout, she's a 2.2 i-cdti Civic ES 07 plate, I acquired her in September 2011, and had no intention of changing the magnificent spaceship as it was already picture perfect!

I remember saying at one point to someone to which my girlfriend overheard "I'd love to have a better sound system in the car" ... Little did I know, she spent the next few months up to Christmas getting details behind my back and was presented with the sound system as my present!

So my first gift to you Blackout, a boom that can mimic that of earthquakes!

2x 12" Audiobahn Subwoofers wired up to a Sony Xplod 1200w amp

I didn't have the knowledge or skill in me to fit this myself, so I paid a local ICE company to fit it for me, at a reasonable price :)

Many moons later, I stumbled upon the dreaded clutch weakness so many others have suffered, after googling the problem, I stumbled upon this website, which looked legit, and was specific to the 2006+ model, so I proceeded to register.

I've already signed up to be a supporter of the site and wearing my Civinfo sticker

It didn't take long before I found the Civinfo Traders section... I instantly spotted gers selling the brake light covers, to which I had to have one!

Looks absolutely awesome and wish I had more lights that could legally be tampered with...

The interior took a hit in the lighting department... Purchased a set of RickHondaR's footwell lighting kit... And the finished product...

It's now decided that black with blue is the way forward...

I've purchased a set of blue map reading lights from Aqib to which are really bright and enhance the blue ambience in the front...

This weekend I've fitted wanner69's fog light covers and am so pleased Blackout will soon start to be noticeable from the front by other Civinfo members...

For now that's all Blackout has been treated to

Mods currently under negotiation or on order
Mr JP's vanity and rear festoon blue lights - under negotiation
Cazza's gloss black cluster vinyl strip - on order
RickHondaR's blue rear footwell lighting kit - on order

I've already started eyeing up mods to apply to Blackout... Going for blue lighting all around, so the 8000k HIDs one day, a gear knob change from OEM, waiting for a grille facelift to magic itself out from nothing, and after having seen how fairly simple looking painting your calipers seems, I think the girlfriend would be up for helping out with that :)

Will post more when the bank balance is refreshed.

·
Learner
271 Posts
Black and blue is definitely the way forward, mines looking like a giant bruise too. As a side, I found blue map reading lights a bugger an you can't read much so went for the blue festoon and bright white maps.

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black and blue is definitely the way forward, mines looking like a giant bruise too. As a side, I found blue map reading lights a bugger an you can't read much so went for the blue festoon and bright white maps.
I'm hoping to not use them so much for reading maps as iPhones do the job okish ;)

I'm sure I can wing the blue maps though :D

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smart that mate, i to had no intention of adding anything to my car till i stumbled upon the wallet emptying black hole that is :civinfo:
I now feel that gripping sensation... I'm finding myself making excuses for saving money to afford mods... Bread and water for a week sounds fairly appealing to me now :D

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a few more mods applied...

RickHondaR's rear footwell lighting kit arrived...

Mr JP sent me some additional bulbs...
Blue vanity mirrors and rear dome...

Upgraded reverse lights...

Had some decals from gers...

I received my gloss black vinyl strip for the rear cluster from Cazza, however, not fitted it yet as my wrapping isn't very good... I'm sure my girlfriend can back me up on my present wrapping ;)

However, I have also had some black carbon and some blue carbon wrap to sample... although I'm thinking of being different and going for the blue carbon :)

What was left over from a butchered footwell lighting kit, I managed to bodge together a boot lighting kit (disclaimer - may not appear as perfect as this in real life)...

If anyone is interested in how I did this, it was a ball ache, I broke 2 clips and I'd recommend not doing it... But I took some pics if you care to see :)

Engine bay is to take a mini sparkle next...

Yes they are real spoons, shipped straight from their HQ in Hong Kong ;) Real 100% genuine Spoon merchandise... honest it's not a replica

Then we also have Parsco's blue grounding kit which I think was delivered over the weekend, but due to it going to my work address, I'll hopefully get that today for fitting tonight if the weather decides to stop raining.

I will be a bit upset as all that shiny newness in the engine bay will be sat around all that mucky dirt. Any engine cleaning tips?

Provided the weather clears up, I'll hopefully have time to fit these this evening :)

That's all for now folks.

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, did you fit the kit yet?
Thanks mate.

I've fitted the battery side of the kit...

The terminal doesn't sit very well on the battery compared to others that have fitted and posted pics, but you can swing it round to the side and there's enough room to get it in there.

Dirty engine, yes... so cleaned it up a bit...

So have fit me Spoon sock, a blue Mugen oil cap, blue Tegiwa cover nuts and Parsco's grounding kit :)

Also I have seen Jeremiah (I think it was, but could be mistaken) with gold panels in the engine bay, so will be taking off the positive cover on the battery and colouring blue and also the fuse box cover too. Even thought about colouring my dipstick :D orange stands out as being completely out of place in there, and it's not all done in there yet!

I have done a few other bits but haven't the photies to hand, so will post updates at the weekend with pics.

Thanks for the comments guys :D

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bit of a busy weekend, so nearly didn't get chance for photos... but didn't get chance for cleaning either :(

Gloss black cluster vinyl strip fitted (thanks Cazza)...

Yes I have epic photo editing skills :p

Team Hekos fitted...

Not sure how I managed to convince the girlfriend, but she is getting me my grille for Christmas... although I would very much prefer it before. Got a few quotes on the respray of a wing, so thinking I'll try and squeeze that on before I get the grille :)

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
It's never ending mate :)

Tints next?

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tints are on the list mate yes, maybe not next, but definitely soon :p

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Looking good mate. Iv gone for the black and blue aswell. considering the vinyl strip at the back and the engine bolts. they look good.

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Completely forgot to post about this...

I'm not after making mine look like a Type:typer: or Type:types: with the badge-work, so no red :honda: or badges for those specific types...

Bearing that in mind, the sides were looking a bit bland (of course prior to the Hekos), so wondered what kind of thing could change the look...

I have dealt with Gerry (gers) in the past getting rear decals and the brake light cover, and thought he'd be the chap to give me a few ideas.

After a few PMs back and forth, we decided on CIVIC in a similar lettering to that of the rear decals...

Driver side...

Driver side was complete fairly easily, but then the rain got heavy and I had already started on the passenger side...

Vinyl in rain is highly ill-advised :p

A daylight shot today, of which we can all agree I must get the dirtiest car award :D

Really pleased with the decision we came up with, so thanks a truckload Gerry :D

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good mate. Iv gone for the black and blue aswell. considering the vinyl strip at the back and the engine bolts. they look good.
Thanks buddy. It's well worth it, definitely transforms the look of the rear ;)

I did have to consider the fact that it is the MOT non-friendly style, but for the cost that it is... I'm happy with peeling it off and replacing with a new one when MOT comes up.

Also people have been saying to me 'Why are you making your engine have blue bits? No one is going to see that...', haven't found a decent response for this to put them in their place, however it's my money, and my car, so whoever is saying that can get lost :D

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Thanks buddy. It's well worth it, definitely transforms the look of the rear ;)

I did have to consider the fact that it is the MOT non-friendly style, but for the cost that it is... I'm happy with peeling it off and replacing with a new one when MOT comes up.

Also people have been saying to me 'Why are you making your engine have blue bits? No one is going to see that...', haven't found a decent response for this to put them in their place, however it's my money, and my car, so whoever is saying that can get lost :D
You can see it. I bought the tegiwa oil filler cap and reservoir socks for mine. People will se it at meets etc. like the civic sticker on the back aswell. It's different and goes well with the black.

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
G'day folks, thought I'd pop an update on here to let you know how Blackout has progressed into the world of Mod...

So Christmas came, and the fat bearded jolly chap didn't leave me a sports grille under the tree... so I bought my own...

Before...

After...

Was a nice clean swapout, which defo changed the looks instantly! Love it...

Whilst this was also being ordered, I couldn't sit and wait for one thing... I needed something else. A quick interweb search after purchasing the grille and I had on order a double-din stereo and fascia...

Sound is loads clearer and lucky for me, you can alter the colour on it... so it's blue like the rest of my lighting :)

I chose this double-din for quite a few reasons...

Driving and pressing buttons on a touchscreen will be almost impossible without looking at the stereo, so a touchscreen will force me to take my eyes off the road, having buttons and dials, etc, I can 'feel' my way around the stereo
I have no need for a Satnav integrated stereo as I have 2 iPhones (1 work, 1 personal), my girlfriend has an iPhone, and we have a TomTom too, so I'm sure that between all of the above we can work out how to get to where we are going
Cost, this unit was far cheaper than a lot of other stereos I was looking at AND it was in the sale too :) quids in! it also has all the features I was after, USB (for music from iPhone), Bluetooth (to replace my Parrot), CD (how can you not have a CD player?), and radio (sometimes you need this),
Black and blue is my colour scheme for Blackout, so being able to alter the colour to what I want was a defo plus (although I bet a lot of stereos have this feature)

But it didn't stop there...

Double-din and grille ordered just wasn't enough, so I fired off a pm to Mr JP to get some of his tasty HIDs and some sidelights (and fog lights - which I haven't fitted yet)...

Compare the 8000k HIDs and matching sidelights with the factory bulbs in the fogs (yucky yellow!)...

The HIDs give so much more visibility in the dark, defo worth every penny... but have to admit they were an ultra b*tch to fit on the drivers side... even with the expansion tank out of the way!

Oh, by the way, that is not blue lighting in my intercooler space on the second pic ;) iPhone photography ;)

Hope you enjoy, I was also looking at getting tints for the back 4 panels, but the company I was talking to said they weren't sure about how the end result would be on the perspex window so couldn't guarantee perfect results. Currently looking at buying the Solarplexius panel for this and can get her tinted too :cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts