2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, pretty sure my radiator needs bleeding as im getting hot and cold air intermittently when ive got my heater on 'Hi'

Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks,

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
To bleed the cooling system

Remove the radiator cap, put a funnel in the neck of the radiator, set the A/C to Hi but keep the fan off, set the A./C to fresh air and run the engine at 2500rpm till cooling fans kick in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To bleed the cooling system

Remove the radiator cap, put a funnel in the neck of the radiator, set the A/C to Hi but keep the fan off, set the A./C to fresh air and run the engine at 2500rpm till cooling fans kick in.

Simple as that? when you say A/C to Hi, do you mean just turn the dial and leave it?

So if i was to press 'off' first, then turn the dial to 'Hi' ?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Turn A/c on then set temp to high.

Setting it to high temp fully opens a valve that circulates the engine coolant around an extra loop to the heater matrix, that way you can bleed the air out the whole system.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Laney is correct.

But make sure you set the heat to high, turn off recirculate and then turn off the A/C

The coolant goes into a heater core and the squirrel cage fan blows air into it which comes out of the vents.

The heater core is like a mini radiator

Which is why if you have an old bomb that is overheating you get told to run the A/C on hi to help cool down the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Birlliant guys, and this should get rid of any air bubbles? how do i check if need more coolent? is there a dipstick like oil?

fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Have the radiator cap open and the level in the radiator will drop, keep topping it up or else you will introduce more air

1 - 13 of 13 Posts