2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my windscreen washer jets are only dribbling out so straight on here to read any similar posts. Anyway was going to try and fix the problem myself and decided why should i, the car is 16mths old from new and still in warranty. Car was booked in and sorted within 20mins. Got home later that day and guess what, blocked again. Another 30 minute trip to the dealer 2 days later, unblocked again and ready to go. The service woman says to me "what screenwash do you use" because whatever your using is causing the reservoir to gunk up. I replied "i dont use much as i only top up with water but when i do its autoglyms screewash". She then says i'm probably not using the correct dilution ratio. bloody hell i'm 42yrs old and had countless cars and never had this before, i'm not a 17yr old whos just passed there test and may not know. I couldn't believe what she was saying. So i said "when you buy some screenwash why does it not congeal in the bottle then which dont forget is neat, when i add it now and then its diluted". Mmm dunno she replied, lmao. Anyway so its all sorted again is it this time i asked? well sir the pipes are unblocked again but the reservoir is still full on gunk and its a big job to flush it all through which may not be covered under warranty as it could be deemed that you have attributed to the blockage therefore you may have to pay next time if it happens again. Are they are having a laugh. Woe and behold its blocked again, forgot to mention that my headlight washers work fine which is also fed from the same reservoir i believe therefore it must be the lines running to the screen jets. Anyway got in touch with HUK with my concerns, cars going in thursday again to hopefully be sorted without any cost to me. sorry for the long post but just a bit annoyed.:confused:

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Buy the pre mixed stuff ... then you wont get the mix ratio wrong.... and at your age ;) cheek of the woman..

·
Administrator
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i never get the ratio wrong, i had a civic diesel before this type r and done nothing differently and a S2000 before that, never had problems with those or any other car i've owned. they make me laugh these stealers:p

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
I know thisis really a bone question.. but can you adjust the jets? or are they pre set?... other cars I've had had the usuall ball in them but these dont :confused:

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Nothing there about adjusting them.. but there are some threads of guys having the same issue as you are?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
They are adjustable yes, you just need a screwdriver. Seen it mentioned on the forum before but having the same trouble as you in locating it lol.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
just out of curiosity wanner69, which dealership did you take it to ??

mine is at 2 mills having a host of problems sorted including the washer jets,

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
You'll probably find that it is nothing to do with the washer fluid.

If your headlight washers are working but not the screen ones it is probably the washer hose trapped in the scuttle near the windscreen.

Sometimes, but not in every case if you pop the bonnet it releases the pressure and they look like they are working again, close the bonnet and after a while the dribble returns.

Take it back to the dealers and ask them to check the pipe isn't trapped, or do it yourself. 5 minute job. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the advice loxy but ive checked that. been back to the dealers today, they blew it through again but were adamant that the problem is gunk in the reservoir which is blocking up the pipes, but only to the windscreen which i find odd cos surely the headlight jets would suffer too. they said its not under warranty so i would have to pay 1hrs labour for them to do it. not a chance. i got home and got straight on to HUK and after my rant over this they contacted my dealer who in turn phoned me to get it booked in again free of charge. So a big thumbs up to honda customer relations and not my dealership.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Gunk

I find this hard to take in,GUNK in the washer bottle!!!
I work in a bodyshop and stripped a lot of cars with front end damage and of all the different makes and ages of cars that i have had to remove the washer bottle i have NEVER seen any with "gunk" in it.
Maybe its special gunk forming plastic that the washer bottle is made from and Honda will not cover it under warranty,or the dealers are taking the total mick!!!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
chester for me mate, not that impressed but got a better deal there than at 2 mills, have bought from 2 mills before and there aftersales is usually pretty good. let me know how you get on.:p
well mine are fixed, but haven't picked the car up yet to make sure,
i will agree about the aftersales tho, dave cross has been brilliant and kept me informed about the progress with my car,
some dealers should learn to phone customers back !!

if i do buy a type r i'd certainly look at doing business with them, but they were dearer than lookers when i got this car, given the trouble i've had with them tho, i'd pay the extra at two mills !!

·
Administrator
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes i remember dave from a fey yrs back when trying to deal with him. mine is back in today for the 4th time to finally get resolved after i complained to HUK. they are footing the bill for warranty work, which i believe it should be covered by the dealer anyway but they said no, what a joke. two mills by far a better dealership, even lookers liverpool honda are better than chester.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
liverpool, southport & warrington are no longer lookers :) thank god !!
been taken over, but if it's the same staff in there then the problems will continue....

hope chester get you sorted mate !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts