2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Apologies for the mundane question, but how do you black out the number plate before submitting a car photo to a forum?
I have photos on Picasa, but can't see how to obliterate the number plate.
What software do you use, please?

Many thanks.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
The majority probably use a paint program like MS Paint, Paint.net or Photoshop, find a good colour match from the colour palette and paint away.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,397 Posts
I use Photoshop or Paintshop pro. I use the dropper to suck in an existing area of white/yellow plate to get the colour right then paint it across the whole plate.

I agree with masking the number because there are cloners out there who will copy an identical colour car and then drive round on your details.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
But they can get that info from seeing thousands of cars driving on the road every day, parked in car parks in driveways etc. Car dealers have the number plates on display in adverts, personally I do not see the need.

·
Carbon Addict :)
1,434 Posts
I use Photoshop or Paintshop pro. I use the dropper to suck in an existing area of white/yellow plate to get the colour right then paint it across the whole plate.

I agree with masking the number because there are cloners out there who will copy an identical colour car and then drive round on your details.
Love to see anyone clone my car ;-)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
But they can get that info from seeing thousands of cars driving on the road every day, parked in car parks in driveways etc. Car dealers have the number plates on display in adverts, personally I do not see the need.
I do sort of agree, but if you're looking to grab a plate to clone it is massively easier to just hit up google image search or a popular car forum and look for photos than to find one in real life. Plus, you can do the former from the comfort of your (probably stolen) sofa!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
But instead of driving around aimlessly for hours hoping to happen upon the correct model, year, engine, colour combination, a cloner can just do a quick Google image search with the exact car details they are looking for.

Why make it any easier for them. It takes 30 secs to take the plate details out of an image.

[EDIT] Got beaten to the punch by the faster typing poster above :D

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
There someone in a green MX5 that keeps driving through the Dartford tunnel with my mates plates and he is having issues proving it not him. same colour car, same colour roof, can't make out the driver on pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts