2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone please explain to me why my satnav gets me to a destination fine but when i want to go home it sends me on a completely different route ! for example went to nothampton yesterday going 35miles coming home complete deferent route 50 miles *** is wrong with it or is it in league with the petrol companies !:confused:

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Does it have live traffic updates?

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
The SatNav on my 8G also had a sense of humour. Unless it was a short journey it could never work out the 'shortest' distance between 2 points.

A journey I do fairly regularly I know is 104 miles door to door via the best, shortest route, motorways and A roads. The 8G could only manage to work a short route of 129 miles virtually all motorway.

The 9G is better and finds a quoted shortest route of 107 miles. Better, but it routes me right through the centre of Cheltenham and that adds 30 to 40 minutes.

I also use my Garmin 2597 as a backup and that routes me exactly the way I normally go so it can be done.

·
shameless
537 Posts
shortest route is not normally the fastest route- that is the opinion of both honda unit and my tomtom start 60

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
Quite right, I don't want the fastest route, I want the shortest for economy but the 8G failed to deliver it.

Maybe if it knew I was visiting the mother-in-laws it would accept that I don't want the fastest route ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts