2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I dont know much about, and I know that some of you know it for sure...asking:

Can be BLOW OFF valve useful on our DIESEL engine ??
Mean useful not only to be nice to hear - good for performance/working engine...

Why I'm saying that: When I pull little harder so Turbo working in higher levels, and when release pedal/gas and that again put pedal down after changing the gear I can feel that engine is not 100% fluid in work (I cant say on english because not so good in it..). TURBO still making pressure when gas is released, so that is maybe makeing difference (cant say problem - as it is not a problem) - but maybe will be better that I dont have that extra pressure when dont need it.
Kompressor is another thing - he dont make pressure like TURBO when gas is released...
Someone here talked about hesitating - I can say maybe is that problem ?!!

SO BLOW OFF OR NOT ???

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Quiet at work Lee? :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
you just lower the boost with that as a result of loss of power. just for that sound and on the diesel does not come nice. I had one 13 years ago on a defender 34tdi engine with 350 bhp but on small engines is sh#t :)

·
...FORM > FUNCTION...
423 Posts
Subaru impreza WRX STi : YES
Mitubishi EVO : defo YES
2.2 civic : :facepalm: don't think so....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree - I read little about it later...
When money will be no problem - FMIC is next on car... (I see on ebay COSTE1l car again promoting FMIC for derv - now it is with MIKALOR clamps..)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.