2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my 2006 mk8 heater blower has stopped working on me all together so was thinking it's going to be the blower motor but I've noticed the mode motor isn't working either when I know they were both working before. I've checked all the fuses and relays in the engine bay but was just wondering if I've missed anything? Any ideas people? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,223 Posts
there is the resistor unit that's fitted just below the blower motor and much easier to replace
but if that's failed its probably the motor to blame aswell
I replaced my heater motor on my old 8g about 3 years ago

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I did look at that today but from what I've read up if they play up they still run either on low or high speed only. Just wondered if there was a link between the blower motor and the mode motor as they both seemed to have stopped working at the same time.

9 Posts
You have to remove the glove box to be able to get at the resister, to get at the glove box i read you had to take out the centre console and a lot of the dash trim.

I've done this and the glove box starts to slide out only to be pulled back into its hole by a wire (i assume) but i can't for the life of me find what is pulling it back and its driving me mad.

How do you get the glove box out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts